Buying guide for best pool skimmers
A pool is the perfect place to spend those hot summer days, but when it’s covered in bugs, leaves, and other debris, it starts to look a lot less inviting. Sure, your pool has a built-in filtration system, but that can only do so much. What you need is a pool skimmer.
A pool skimmer catches the debris on the surface of your pool before it can clog up your filters. There are several types, ranging from a simple net on a long pole to a solar-powered machine that moves around the pool on its own. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages to consider, and then there are larger concerns like durability and ease of use that apply to all models.
It’s difficult to know which one to choose, but BestReviews is here to help make that decision a little easier. We did the research and chose the top five pool skimmers, which are listed in the table above. You can start with one of these or keep reading to learn more about the different types of pool skimmers to find one that’s right for you.
Types of pool skimmers
Pool skimmers come in two different varieties: manual and automatic.
Manual pool skimmers
This is what most people think of when they think of a pool-cleaning tool. It consists of a mesh basket attached to a long metal pole. You dip the basket into the pool to scoop up the debris.
This type of pool skimmer is better for small cleanup jobs where you want to target a specific area quickly.
These skimmers are often cheaper than automatic models.
This type requires a lot more effort on your part than an automatic pool skimmer.
Automatic pool skimmers
These pool skimmers come in a few different types. Some attach to your pool’s existing filtration system. Others attach to vacuum pool cleaners, and there are even a few that are solar powered.
Once installed, these move about the pool independently, gathering debris in a collection basket that you empty periodically.
One of these is a better choice if you’re looking for something that requires less effort on your part.
You have to first make sure that it’s compatible with your existing pool equipment.
These units are more expensive than manual pool skimmers, so one may be out of reach if your budget is tight.
Pool skimmer features to consider
Durability: Perhaps the most important concern when choosing a pool skimmer is how well it’s going to hold up over time. You don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a device that’s going to break after a couple of uses.
Mesh quality: You’ll want to be sure that the manual pool skimmer you choose has a durable mesh net that isn’t going to tear or snag as it picks up sticks and other debris. The mesh should be fine enough to pick up smaller particles like leaves and bugs without them slipping through.
Warranty: While some manual pool skimmers come with warranties, this is more of a concern for owners of automatic pool skimmers because these are more expensive. A good pool skimmer will have a one-year warranty at minimum, but a three- or five-year warranty is even better. A few products come with a lifetime warranty.
UV resistance: Some cheaper pool skimmers are made from plastic that will degrade when left out in sunlight for long periods of time. Look for a model made from a UV-resistant plastic or metal that won’t wear out or corrode.
Ease of use: Think about how easy it is to set up and use the pool skimmer.
Reach: When choosing a manual pool skimmer, one of the most important factors to consider is whether it’s long enough to cover all of your pool. Measure the width and depth of your pool, and choose a pool skimmer that is a little bit longer than you need. Long pool skimmers can be ungainly, though, so don’t choose one with a handle that is a lot longer than necessary.
Weight: The weight concern applies mostly to manual pool skimmers, though it could also apply to an automatic skimmer if you need to move it in and out of the pool frequently. If you go with a heavier pool skimmer, you may find it more difficult to maneuver.
Net diameter: The larger the pool skimmer, the fewer passes you’ll have to make to collect debris, but a large one can also be a little more difficult to control, and it will require a larger area for storage. If you have a big pool, you’re better off going with a larger skimmer, especially an automatic model, because it won’t need to be emptied as frequently.
Installation and setup: Most manual skimmers are simple to set up: just screw the net onto the pole and you’re ready to go. Automatic pool skimmers are more complicated and may require you to connect it to your existing pool filter or pool vacuum cleaner. Check with the manufacturer to ensure that the unit you’re interested in is compatible with your pool setup. Read some customer reviews to get a idea of how easy it is to install. If you’re not mechanically inclined, you might be better off going with a manual pool skimmer.
- Cleaning: Yes, your pool skimmer will need to be cleaned from time to time. Some of the leaves and debris may get caught up in the net, so make sure you can easily remove any sticks or leaves without ripping the net.
Did you know?
Manual pool skimmers come with either bag nets or flat nets. Bag nets can hold more but are more difficult to empty than flat nets.
Pool skimmer prices
Pool skimmers range in price from under $20 to over $100, depending on type and quality.
If you’re looking for a decent manual pool skimmer that will hold up well over time, we recommend spending at least $25 to $30. Many of these products come with a warranty as well, so you won’t have to pay to replace it if yours breaks.
You can expect to pay at least $75 to $100 for these models. Solar-powered units may cost even more because they are a relatively new innovation. Most automatic pool skimmers are made of high-quality, UV-resistant materials that hold up well over time.
If you’re looking for a skimmer to use in a hot tub, look for one that has a wider net and a shorter handle.
An automatic pool skimmer that attaches to your pool filter will reduce some of the load on your filtration system, keeping your water cleaner and safer.
Consider what kind of debris you most commonly find in your pool, and choose a pool skimmer that can remove it.
Consider purchasing an automatic pool skimmer for regular cleaning and a manual pool skimmer as a backup for picking up occasional leaves or twigs.
Q. Why do I need a pool skimmer?
A. Pool skimmers help keep your pool clean and extend the life of your pool pump by preventing too much debris from clogging the filters. A poorly functioning pump can lead to bacterial growth in your pool and a higher electric bill as the pump works even harder to try to compensate for reduced performance.
Q. How often should I clean my pool with a pool skimmer?
A. That depends on where you live and how often debris falls into your pool. If your pool is in a sunny, open area, you may be able to get by with skimming it once every few days. But if it’s surrounded by a lot of trees and is frequently visited by bugs, it’s better to skim the debris off the surface at least once a day.
Q. How do I maintain my pool skimmer?
A. For manual pool skimmers, make sure you clean the netting thoroughly after each use so you’re not reintroducing any debris or bacteria into the pool the next time you use it. You might want to think about storing it out of the sun, too, if it’s made of a material that can degrade in UV light. For automatic pool skimmers, follow the manufacturer’s directions on how to clean and maintain your unit.
U.S. Pool Supply Swimming Pool 5 Foot Leaf Skimmer Net with 4 Aluminum Pole Sections - 6" Deep Ultra Fine Mesh Netting Bag Basket for Fast Cleaning of the Finest Debris - 60" Long, Clean Spas, Ponds
U.S. POOL SUPPLY
200 ratings Write a review
This product is not Fulfilled by Ubuy and can take minimum 10 days in delivery. We might cancel the product from the order and refund you if any issue arise with the delivery of this product.
Note: Electronic products sold in US store operate on (110-120) volts, a step-down power converter is required for the smooth device function. It is mandatory to know the wattage of the device in order to choose the appropriate power converter. Recommended power converters Buy Now.
- Enjoy a Clean Pool: An ideal daily use swimming pool leaf skimmer net for fast, easy, and efficient cleanup of leaves and debris from pools, spas, ponds, and kids pools. An excellent long lasting net with a little bit of flex for easier maneuvering.
- 5 Foot Lightweight Net: Durable fine mesh net with frame dimensions of 11" wide and 12" long with 6" deep durable ultra fine mesh netting basket. The aluminum pole consists of 4 - 11.5" connecting sections. Total net and pole length 5 feet (60").
- Skim the Finest Debris: The large volume ultra fine mesh netting bag basket allows this skimmer to collect more debris at a time, and is also very effective at holding the leafs within the net bag while maneuvering the skimmer through out the pool.
- Safe and Easy To Use: The durable plastic frame is safe for use in all types of pools, and it won't mar pool liners. Customize the length of the net by removing the pole sections to suit the use for pools, spas, ponds, or use as a hand skimmer net.
- Buy with confidence, as our premium quality pool leaf skimmer is built to last, and if you're not satisfied with it at any time within one year of purchase, we'll provide a refund or replacement.
|Package Dimensions||14.72 x 10.94 x 1.73 inches (37.4 x 27.8 x 4.4 cm)|
|Item Weight||8.8 ounces (249.48 grams)|
|Manufacturer||U.S. Pool Supply|
|Item model number||LS-638|
U.S. Pool Supply Swimming Pool 5 Foot Leaf Skimmer Net with 4 Aluminum Pole Sections - 6" Deep Ultra Fine Mesh Netting Bag Basket for Fast Cleaning of the Finest Debris
Enjoy A Clean Pool
An ideal daily use swimming pool leaf skimmer net for fast, easy, and efficient cleanup of leaves and debris from pools, spas, ponds, and kids pools. An excellent long lasting net with a little bit of flex for easier maneuvering.
5 Foot Lightweight Net
Durable fine mesh net with frame dimensions of 11" wide and 12" long with 6" deep durable ultra fine mesh netting basket. The aluminum pole consists of 4 - 11.5" connecting sections. Total net and pole length 5 feet (60").
Skim The Finest Debris
The large volume ultra fine mesh netting bag basket allows this skimmer to collect more debris at a time, and is also very effective at holding the leafs within the net bag while maneuvering the skimmer through out the pool.
Safe and Easy To Use
The durable plastic frame is safe for use in all types of pools, and it won't mar pool liners. Customize the length of the net by removing the pole sections to suit the use for pools, spas, ponds, or use as a hand skimmer net.
U.S. Pool Supply is your online source for professional high-quality, affordable pool cleaning and maintenance supplies, pool accessories, pool recreational activity pool toys, and floats. We offer all the essential items needed to help residential pool owners care for and maintain their pools so that they can eliminate the need for expensive scheduled pool service technicians. Our goal is to provide you the premium products you need to keep your pool clean and ready for use, so you can focus on what's most important, enjoying your pool!
Similar ProductsBest pond nets for cleaning, Best pool nets for cleaning
Customer Questions & Answers
- Question: How fine is the mesh?
Answer: The mesh is very fine... only water gets through!
- Question: is the pole 2cm?
Answer: I am sorry that I do not know the exact measurement, but it is a very small pole. It was too small for some of my other attachments.
- Question: Does the pole always need to be 48" or can you take sections out to make the pole shorter?
Answer: The pole can be 12", 24", 36" or 48" long
- Question: Is the mesh fine enough to scoop silt out of a pond?
Answer: No, I don't think the mesh is fine enough. This skimmer is more for removing large debris (leaves, bugs, etc) out of a swimming poo
- Question: Does it connect to pool vacuums?
Answer: No, it's just for collecting debris in it's net. I bought it for a small pond in a rental house. If you have a standard size pool you will need a bigger one that will connect to your pool vacuum handle.
497 customers ratings
- 5 Star 61%
- 4 Star 17%
- 3 Star 11%
- 2 Star 5%
- 1 Star 6%
Review this product
Share your thoughts with other customers
October 5, 2021
Works well, good price
Works as expected, sturdy - like that I can break it down for storage
October 2, 2021
Great Value For The Price
I just needed something for my little 10ft Intex pool I have for the kids and this is great for the price, may not be ideal for a big in-ground pool but definitely works great for the smaller above ground ones.
September 23, 2021
Light weight and sturdy
Perfect for taking to our community pool. Takes up little room in our pool bag. Bugs have been bad in Arizona this year and this solves the problem. Great buy!
September 20, 2021
Worried its going to break but i still love it
This net has very small holes to net the small things, a lip on it so i can scoop at the bottom and get some of the floor sruff up and its not flat like the others so you can get more in one scoop with it. The handle seems kind of flimsy so i am worried that it will break but hopefully it doesnt for a long time.
September 18, 2021
Very small skimmer. Super lightweight though. Won't scoop a bunch of leaves with this one.
September 18, 2021
Flimsy. The netting comes apart at the seams within the first couple of uses. A goldfish net is a much better quality than this is.
September 18, 2021
The net is very small. I was expecting it to be a regular pool net size.
September 14, 2021
Broke after a couple months
Flimsy, the pole broke after a few months. Waste of money
September 12, 2021
Needed a cheap net for pond, works great
It was cheap, got here next day and works great. Not sure how long it will hold up but not much need for sturdiness as it won't be used very often.
Load More Reviews
Write Your Own Reviews
Only registered users can write reviews. Please log in or register
The Best Fine Mesh Pool Net of 2020 – Reviewed and Top Rated
2,071 Reviews Scanned
- Enjoy a Clean Pool: Ideal daily use swimming pool leaf skimmer for fast, easy and efficient cleanup of leaves and debris from pools, spas and ponds. Works excellent for cleaning the finest debris from above and below ground pools, vinyl liners, kids pools, spas and ponds.
- Sturdy Lightweight Net: Net frame dimensions 11" wide x 12" long with 6" deep durable ultra fine mesh netting basket. Fits standard size (1-1/4") telescopic pool vacuum poles. Pole not included. A excellent long lasting sturdy net with a little bit of flex for easier maneuvering.
- Skim The Finest Debris: The large volume ultra fine mesh netting bag basket allows it to collect more debris at a time, and is also very effective at holding the leafs within the net bag while maneuvering the skimmer through out the pool.
- Safe & Easy to Use: The durable plastic frame is safe for use in all types of pools and it won't mar pool liners. Handle comes with user-friendly EZ clip buttons that prevent your fingers from getting pinched or jammed while attaching or detaching a telescopic pole.
- Buy with confidence, as our premium quality pool leaf skimmer is built to last, and if you're not satisfied with it at anytime within one year of purchase, we'll provide a refund or replacement.
- Ultra Fine Mesh netting to collect pollen, leaves, and debris to help prevent dirt from entering your filter system.
- Ideal cleaning tool for inground pool, spa, above-ground & inflatable pools, hot tub, pond, and fountain.
- Use with a standard 1-1/4" telescopic pole (not included) or handhold to clean inflatable pool
- Wide-mouth front edge design makes it to scoop leaves and debris much faster. tapered front edge to aide in easy and efficient picking up debris leaves and debris in pool bottoms
- Sturdy Yet Light-weight: Durable, fine mesh netting and high quality plastic frame
- REMOVES FINE PARTICLES – Made with ultra-fine mesh, our pool net can capture even the smallest particles from water to help extend filter life.
- COMFORTABLE SIZE – Don’t fight using a large pool net; our small net offers more control when using it by hand or after attaching it to a long pool pole.
- ENHANCED DURABILITY – Boasting a 14” opening, our triple-stitched nylon net is attached to a strong, stable frame to reduce bending while pushing water.
- MADE IN THE USA – We craft each pool skimmer net right here in the United States so you know you’re getting a high-quality product you can trust.
- PERSONAL OR PROFESSIONAL USE – Our pool pro mesh skimmer is great for backyard pools and home use, or for pool pros looking to expand their tool kits.
- 👍【LARGE SIZE】- 13" large pool leaf net helps to clean your pool more efficiently, save your time
- 💎【DURABLE MATERIALS】- The dip net for pool with aluminum frame is wrapped with heavy-duty plastic, stronger than a pure plastic one
- 👌【SIMPLE USE】- The pool bug skimmer net will move quickly in the water and efficiently clean the fallen leaves and other debris
- 📏【UNIVERSAL DESIGNED】- This pool surface net can be connected to a 1-1/4" standard pool pole (Pole is not included)
- 🛒【MULTIPLE APPLIACTION】- Suitable for cleaning inground and above ground pools, ponds, hot tubs, fountains or large fish tanks
- EFFICENT POOL CLEANIN - Designed specifically to effortlessly clean the surface of the pool, quikly and easily scoops out leaves, algae, grass, bugs and more debris from the water's surface. Keep your pool irresistbly clean.
- DURABLE BUT LIGHTWEIGHT - The pool skimmer net is study but light-weight, high quality plastic frame and fine-mesh basket allows pool skimmer net to glide effortlessly throgh the water for fast cleaning.
- STRONG TELESCOPIC POLE - High quality adjustable telescopic aluminium pool, not easy to bend and deform, strudy and durable. The shortest size of pole is 17 inches and the longest is 40 inches. This cleaning tool is essential for smaller above ground pools or quick spot skimming any size pool.
- EASY TO USE & WIDE APPLICAION - Use the pool net by itself or attaches to any pole with the press of a button. The pool skimmer widely applied to clean swimming pool, pond, hot tub, fountain or large fish tank.
- A perfect choice for swimming pools cleaning kits. Keep your pool clean and enjoy the summer in the swimming pool.
- 🏊 HIGH QUALITY: This pool skimmer net consist of sturdy ABS plastic frame and deep mesh net bag, the strong and durable frame make it won't bend, twist or break under load, great for long lasting use. The deep and fine mesh net bag allows it to collect more debris at a time, effectively holding the leafs within the net bag while gliding through the water.
- 🌊 SAFE TO USE: This pool leaf rake with curved and smooth edges, won't damage your swimming pool sides, with the wide-mouth and front lip design for quick and easy to pick up debris from the bottom of pool.
- 🍂 FITS MOST STANDARD POOL POLE: This swimming pool cleaner is easy to installation, just press the button and attach to a pool net pole. The universal holder is compatible with most standard pool poles (pole not included).
- 🏊 WIDE APPLICATION: The pool leaf cleaner with a deep fine mesh bag can handle large removals or even small fragments, such as leaves, debris and bugs, in just a few passes. This hand skimmer provides fast, easy and efficient cleanup of leaves and debris in spas, hot tubs, ponds, swimming pools, fountain or a inflatable kid pools. Leaves water sparkling clean and inviting!
- 🌊 LESS MESS & MORE FUN: Net frame dimensions 7.3" wide x 16" long with 11.3" deep fine mesh netting basket, this leaf rake cleaning tool takes the hassle out of cleaning your pool, leaving you less mess and more time to enjoy summer fun with friends and family!
- 🌊 STURDY & DURABLE POOL SKIMMER NET: Bearbro 17-inch pool skimmer net is made of a sturdy, durable frame with fine mesh pool cleaning nylon mesh bags, which can be used safely in all types of swimming pools. The manual net handle is a quick release handle. Pole Not Included.
- 🏊EASY TO USE & QUICK INSTALLATION: The fine mesh deep bag is easy to handle in the water, which can withstand greater weight and will not bend, twist or break under load. Compatible with most standard pool poles. Skimmer net can easily pass through the pool for fast cleaning, clean the pool effortlessly.
- 🌊 MULTIFUNCTION: You can buy it for cleaning your swimming pool, fountains or have fun with your children in summer. This durable pool skimming net can scoop out leaves and other debris from the water. Ideal for swimming pools, ponds, hot tubs, fountains or large fish tanks.
- 🏊LARGE OPENING AND CAPACITY: The hand-held pool skimming net has fine meshes and the inclined edge, makes it very effective to fix the leaves in the net bag when it is removed from the pool. The large-capacity net bag can quickly and easily clean the pool In the leaves and debris. Save your time and leave water sparkling clean inviting.
- 🌊 SAFE TO USE: Bearbro deep rake skimmer net is safe for swimming pools and prevents damage or scratches on the swimming pool liners. With the pool skimming net, you can make the pool clean and free of debris in minutes.
- EASY TO USE - You can easily salvage the leaves of the pool and other debris with this lightweight pool skimmer, no more messy and dirty!
- HIGH QUALITY – The pool skimmer is made of Nylon mesh and plastic frame, super strong and durable.
- PERFECT DESIGN - The connection section is designed to be clamped on any standard telescopic rod.
- COMFORTABLE USING - The net is designed as a round edge and does not scratch the edge of the pool.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE - You are protected by a 60-day money back guarantee and world class customer service! Our goal is your Satisfaction.
Last update on 2021-06-24 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images, Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Do You Buy The Best Fine Mesh Pool Net?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great Fine Mesh Pool Net? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching Fine Mesh Pool Net, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest Fine Mesh Pool Net available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
We’ve done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for Fine Mesh Pool Net that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an Fine Mesh Pool Net?
- What benefits are there with buying an Fine Mesh Pool Net?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Fine Mesh Pool Net?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Fine Mesh Pool Net, much less the best one?
- Which Fine Mesh Pool Net are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Fine Mesh Pool Net?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding Fine Mesh Pool Net, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for Fine Mesh Pool Net, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible Fine Mesh Pool Net. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
We provide an Fine Mesh Pool Net buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available Fine Mesh Pool Net currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of Fine Mesh Pool Net has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for an Fine Mesh Pool Net?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your Fine Mesh Pool Net.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade Fine Mesh Pool Net objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their Fine Mesh Pool Net.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an Fine Mesh Pool Net, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an Fine Mesh Pool Net is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
We always remember that maintaining Fine Mesh Pool Net information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding Fine Mesh Pool Net is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly! We’re here for you all the time. Contact us here. Or You can read more about us to see our vision.
But the girl returned to masturbation, over and over again in the evenings replaying her adventures with the captain and the major in her head, and thanks to this. She achieved quick and full orgasms. But each next one was weaker than the previous one. The experienced emotions were gradually erased from memory, and they clearly lacked nourishment.
And Nastya made up her mind.
Fine skimmer net ultra
She finished every few minutes, finished genuinely, violently and efficiently. Fucking such a slut was certainly great. It's just not very interesting to me to fuck, but at the same time squeezing her buttocks and pounding on them.Leaf Skimmer Net Vacuum - Pool Skimmer Vacuum
Mansour danced with me. during the dance, he began to touch my ass. I was embarrassed, but I didn't say anything to him.
You will also like:
- Works with razer chroma
- Metal accordion file organizer
- Lucky 2017 lineup
- View nintendo eshop wishlist
- Scroll saw video tutorials
- Three letter blend worksheets
- Stihl grass trimmer review
- Clear blue glass bowls
Yes. - Entered. - Sort of. The results will be posted tomorrow. - Physics.