One Piece: Top 10 Strongest Members of Big Mom Pirates
The world of One Piece is filled with some really powerful pirate crews. Among these crews, there are four crews that are considered to be the strongest. These are the crews of the Four Emperors or Yonko. The current Yonko are Big Mom, Kaido, Blackbeard and Shanks. All of these crews are filled to the brim with extremely dangerous pirates.
RELATED: One Piece: 10 Strongest Characters From Old Era, Ranked
Big Mom Pirates are lead by Charlotte Linlin, who is better known as Big Mom. The Big Mom Pirates were the main antagonists of the Whole Cake Island arc. The crew is mainly filled with sons and daughters of Big Mom. All of them are extremely powerful fighters, who can fight against the strongest of enemies. So, we will take a look at the ten strongest fighters in Big Mom Pirates.
Pekoms is a lion mink who is also a former member of the Nox Pirates. He left the crew to join the Big Mom Pirates. Pekoms was introduced at Fish-Man Island. Pekoms is able to use Electro just like every other member of the Mink Tribe.
Pekoms has the Kame Kame no Mi, that allows him to transform into a turtle. Pekoms is capable of using two types of Haki. He demonstrated his use of Armament Haki at Fish-Man Island when he knocked out Caribou.
Tamago is among the best fighters of the Big Mom Pirates. He has a bounty of 429,000,000 beris. He is the user of Tama Tama no Mi, which is an unclassified devil fruit. The fruit allows him to evolve after being beaten.
He has a second stage— Viscount Hiyoko and a third stage known as Count Niwatori. He gets stronger with each form. Also, Tamago is "immortal" as he can't be killed unless he dies in the middle of his evolution. Tamago can use two types of Haki.
8 Charlotte Daifuku
Charlotte Daifuku is the third son and the fourth child of Big Mom. Daifuku is the Minister of Beans. Daifuku is the user of Hoya Hoya no Mi, that allows him to summon a genie from his body.
RELATED: One Piece: 5 Characters Who Will Eat A Devil Fruit (& 5 Who Won't)
The genie can grow to a tremendous size. The power of the genie allows him to cut many ships with just one slash of his halberd. Daifuku was easily able to cope with Sanji's attacks and proved why he is more than just a regular fighter.
7 Charlotte Oven
Next up, we have Charlotte Oven. Oven is the fourth son and fifth child of the Charlotte Family. He is the Minister of Baking and he looks over Yakigashi Island. Oven ate the Netsu Netsu no Mi, that allows him to heat up things.
He is capable of heating the ocean and making it boil. Oven can also transfer the heat to anyone that attacks him. He is capable of using Armament Haki and Observation Haki. Throughout the Whole Cake Island, Oven showed his abilities and proved that he is a very capable fighter.
6 Charlotte Perospero
Perospero is the eldest child of the Charlotte Family. Perospero looks over Candy Island and he is the Minister of Candy. Perospero has an insane bounty of 700,000,000 beris.
He possesses the Pero Pero no Mi that allows him to manipulate candy at will. His devil fruit is prone to heat and fire. Perospero was easily able to subdue Brook and Chopper with his abilities. Also, he was able to trap Bege's Big Father with the help of his candy. He possesses two types of Haki.
5 Charlotte Snack
Charlotte Snack is a former Sweet Commander and the Minister of Fries. He is the 25th son and 44th child of the Charlotte Family. However, after being defeated by Urouge, he was removed from his position as the Sweet Commander.
RELATED: One Piece: The 10 Strongest Observation Haki Users, Ranked
He has a bounty of 600,000,000 beris. Snack wasn't involved a lot in the Whole Cake Island arc. He was a part of Charlotte Oven's army that had to intercept the Straw Hats. There is no information on Snack's devil fruit abilities and it is unknown whether he possesses a devil fruit or not.
4 Charlotte Cracker
Charlotte Cracker is one of the Sweet Commanders of Big Mom Pirates. Cracker is the Minister of Biscuits and he governs Biscuits Island. Cracker possesses the Bisu Bisu no Mi that allows him to create and manipulate biscuits.
Cracker is a very powerful character and he gave Luffy a run for his money. Cracker has a Meito of unknown grade. He can use it extremely well to fight against his enemies. Cracker can use types of Haki. His armament Haki is strong enough to cut the extended arm of Luffy in Gear 4.
3 Charlotte Smoothie
She is one of the most powerful members of Big Mom Pirates. Smoothie is one of the Three Sweet Commanders. She has a bounty of 932,000,000 beris. Smoothie has the power of the Shibo Shibo no Mi that allows her to drain liquid from both living and non-living things.
Smoothie wields a sword and if the opponent is cut by it they will be dehydrated. Her fruit also allows her to absorb liquid to increase the size of her body and her weapons. Like every top fighter in the crew, she also possesses two types of Haki.
2 Charlotte Katakuri
Charlotte Katakuri is the strongest Sweet Commander of Big Mom Pirates. He is one of the strongest enemies that Luffy has faced in a fight. Katakuri possesses all three types of Haki and he has attained advanced levels in Armament and Observation Haki.
Before fighting Luffy, Katakuri had an unbeaten record. He had never been beaten in his life and his back had never touched the ground. Katakuri possesses the Mochi Mochi no Mi, that allows him to create Mochi. Katakuri has also managed to awaken his devil fruit.
1 Charlotte Linlin
The final character on the list is none other than the captain of the Big Mom Pirates, Charlotte Linlin. She is one of the four Yonko that rule over the New World. Big Mom possesses all three types of Haki. She possesses the Soru Soru no Mi that allows her to manipulate souls.
She is capable of taking away the souls of her opponents and putting them into non-living things. Big Mom is one of the strongest characters in the series and she is able to hold her own against the strongest of opponents. She was able to beat Queen within seconds.
NEXT: One Piece: 10 Fights We Want To See
NextBoruto: 10 Things Naruto Has To Do After Becoming HokageAbout The Author
I started reading manga five years ago. Over the years, I have grown very fond of it and, now it is my passion. I started writing about manga/anime so, that I might be able to reach out to fellow fans. My favorite manga is Berserk.
One Piece: There Is No Way Luffy Can Defeat Kaido And Big Mom Right now
One of the biggest fights in One Piece isn't going in Luffy and Co.'s favor. Despite their great efforts, Luffy and Co. haven't injured Kaido.
Warning: Spoilers ahead for One Piece Chapter 1003
Luffy and Co. have gone to great lengths to deal some damage against Kaido and Big Mom, however, things are still looking thin for them. One Pieceboasts of architecting huge battles, both on-screen and off-screen. Its biggest war yet is the Paramount War, wherein the Whitebeard Pirates, one of the Four Emperors, clashes with the Marines head on to save Portgas D. Ace. Even though it's primarily Whitebeard Pirates versus the Marines, other characters join the fray. Luffy, right after breaking out of Impel Down, literally comes flying down along with the other escaped inmates. He even brings Ivankov, Crocodile, and even Buggy with him. Since the Marines are fighting one of the greatest forces in the seas, they've also summoned the Shichibukai to help them ward off the trespassers and commence Ace's execution. But as the series is said to be nearing its end, wars of the same magnitude graces the fans of the series.
Having one of the biggest wars in the series, the Wano County Arc is subdivided into different acts. Luffy has already met and been defeated by Kaido once. After careful planning and execution, the Straw Hats Pirates, along with Red Scabbards, Kozuki retainers, and their allies, manage to raid Onigashima. There are even some unexpected allies that came. Marco the Phoenix and Izo of the Whitebeard Pirates has come to Wano to help fight Kaido. When the battle has started, the allies help the five of the Worst Generation to reach the rooftop and face the biggest threats in Wano - Kaido and Big Mom. Luffy's fiery new attack signals the start of the battle.
Related: One Piece: Big Mom Just Made The Same Mistake Versus Luffy
Luffy, Law, Kid, Killer, and Zoro have been revealing their cards one after another to defeat Kaido and Big Mom. Big Mom and Kaido are also reciprocating the gesture by bringing out one big attack after another. However, the scale seems to be dreadfully unbalanced. Law, Kid, and Killer's attacks combined barely even leaves a dent against Kaido's tough scales.
Even Luffy's Fourth Gear doesn't leave any obvious damage on Kaido, and that's his current strongest ability... at least, that's what the series has revealed. The most obvious damage they've done is the cut Zoro made using Enma, which was originally Kozuki Oden's. However, even that is nowhere near fatal.
With Kaido's almost impenetrable defense, he can easily take whatever Luffy and company send his way, and he's shown that he can do that. However, being a tank isn't the only thing he is good at. He also has monstrous strength that rivals even Big Mom's. And even if he purely focuses on defense, Big Mom's attacks are nothing to scoff at either. With the rate they are going, Luffy and company have no way of defeating them. But with what One Piece has done in the past, there will definitely be a twist in the future releases.
Next: One Piece: The Reason Why Zoro's Katana Emits The Presence of Oden
Guardians of the Galaxy Cancelation Hurts Marvel's LGBTQ+ RepresentationAbout The Author
Christian Markle is writing manga related articles for Screen Rant, among other websites. Christian has also been published at Honey's Anime, Cracked, and The Modern Rogue. Christian's favorite manga is One Piece, which the ever lost Zoro is undeniably the best character.
One Piece: 10 Strongest Members Of Big Mom & Kaido Alliance
At Wano Country, the One Piece manga saw the formation of the biggest known power when Kaido and Big Mom decided to join hands to take down Luffy. With the Big Mom Pirates and the Beasts Pirates now having joined forces, the new crew thus formed comprises of some very powerful pirates.
RELATED:One Piece: The 10 Most Powerful Devil Fruits, Ranked
These range from Kaido's Calamities to Big Mom's Ministers. They're all impressive fighters and make up for the bulk of the new Rocks' forces. Here are the 10 strongest known members of the Kaido and Big Mom alliance that we know of.
10 Charlotte Oven
Charlotte Oven is one of the Ministers of the Big Mom Pirates. He has a bounty of 300 million berries on his head, however, it certainly doesn't do any justice to his strength.
As seen throughout the Whole Cake Island arc, Oven is tremendously powerful and his skills are great enough to match some of the strongest characters, such as the right-hand of Jinbei, Aladin. Oven's Devil Fruit ability is pretty powerful as well and his skills are great enough for him to be considered one of the strongest of the Big Mom - Kaido alliance.
9 Charlotte Perospero
A strong pirate with a bounty of 700 million berries, Perospero is directly under the Sweet Commanders and has high authority among the Big Mom Pirates. He is incredibly powerful and his strength is such that he's able to overpower multiple Straw Hat pirates at once.
Perospero has the ability to manipulate candy at will, thanks to his Pero Pero no Mi. On top of that, he's a decent user of Haki as well. Interestingly, Perospero's control on his Devil Fruit is what makes him deadly and we're sure that he's worthy of taking this spot on the list.
8 Charlotte Cracker
One of the Sweet 3 Generals of the Big Mom Pirates, Charlotte Cracker is an extremely powerful pirate. He has a bounty of 860 million berries on his head, which means he's a deadly foe for anyone to encounter.
Cracker's Devil Fruit ability, known as the Bisu Bisu no Mi, is what makes him so special. It has earned him the title of 'Thousand Arms' Cracker and few actually get to see his powers. On top of everything, his Armament Haki is known to be extremely powerful, which is why he takes the 8th spot on the list.
Jack is one of Kaido's three right-hand men, also known as the All-Stars. He is a pirate with a bounty of a billion berries and his skills are far greater than the likes of the fodder pirates in Kaido's crew. Jack is a user of an Ancient Zoan type Devil Fruit known as Zou Zou no Mi Model: Mammoth.
RELATED: One Piece: 10 Plot Holes That Broke The World's Logic
If that wasn't enough, he is also extremely durable and his strength knows no bounds. He has even clashed against some Navy Admirals in the series and survived, which is part of what makes him so great.
Like Jack, Queen is also one of Kaido's right-hand men and a member of the All-Stars. He has a bounty of 1.3 billion berries on his head, which just goes to show how dangerous a pirate he really is. Queen's powers aren't to be underestimated and it is easy to see that he's one of the strongest of this alliance.
Queen wields an Ancient Zoan Devil Fruit known as Ryu Ryu no Mi, Model; Brachiosaurus which grants him the strength of the said creature. He is also known to be very well versed with toxins and had the reputation of being an assassin as well. Queen is very powerful, to say the least.
5 Charlotte Smoothie
With a bounty of 932 million berries on her head, Charlotte Smoothie takes the spot of one of the strongest members of this alliance. Although her bounty is lower than that of Jack and Queen, that barely means anything. Smoothie's powers are incredible, no matter which way you look at it.
She's a powerful swordsman and she has the power of the Shibo Shibo no Mi to aid her in battle. Smoothie can wrench out the water from a user's body at will and even transform herself into a giant. As expected, she is also a master swordsman, which is what makes her a big threat to anyone who stands in her way.
Kaido's strongest subordinate, King is the leader of the All-Stars and a fearsome pirate. Although his bounty isn't known, it is likely going to be higher than that of Queen. King wields tremendous power, thanks to his Ancient Zoan type Devil Fruit, known as the Ryu Ryu no Mi, Model: Pteranodon.
RELATED: One Piece: The 10 Highest Bounties Ever
King's strength and speed are such that barely anyone can track him when he's in the sky. He also seems to wield a sword, which means that his strength is beyond that of a normal pirate. Undoubtedly, King is someone who we hope to see more of in the future.
3 Charlotte Katakuri
Katakuri is the leader of the Big Mom Pirates' Sweet Commanders and he's one of the strongest known pirates in the world of One Piece. Katakuri has a bounty over a billion berries, as revealed in the Whole Cake Island arc. He holds the power of the Mochi Mochi no Mi, which is a special paramecia type of Devil Fruit.
Perhaps his biggest known power is the ability to be able to look into the future with his Observation Haki. In all his life, Katakuri has fought many pirates, and maybe even the strongest of Navy, and he is known to have never lost a single battle, except for being defeated by Monkey D. Luffy.
The leader of the Beasts Pirates and one of the Emperors of the Sea, Kaido is an incredibly powerful pirate whose strength knows no bounds. When it comes to raw strength alone, Kaido is easily the strongest in the entire world of One Piece.
He has a Mythical Zoan type Devil Fruit that allows him to transform into a dragon at will. Kaido's durability is insane, having only received one scar in his entire life. Despite that, Kaido has lost to his fellow Yonko or the Navy a combined 7 times in total and he also has been captured 18 times. Furthermore, Kaido's duel against Oden proved that he isn't invincible and he only won it by cheating.
1 Big Mom
Big Mom is one of the Emperors of the Seas, just like Kaido, and she is a tremendous pirate. Her strength is phenomenal and second to none. She wields the power of the Soru Soru no Mi that allows her to manipulate souls at will.
In terms of fighting prowess, Big Mom proved to be equal to Kaido at Onigashima when the two fought, despite being weakened by the sea prism stone and not having Zeus and Prometheus, two of her strongest allies, by her side. Unlike Kaido, she isn't known to have lost even a single battle and has never been wounded either. Big Mom may be looked down upon by some, but she's truly a majestic pirate.
NEXT: One Piece: The 25 Most Powerful Characters, Officially Ranked
NextBoruto: 10 Things Naruto Has To Do After Becoming HokageAbout The Author
Rei Penber is an avid fan of anime and manga. He is the author of some of the articles here that you liked, and others that you didn't. When he isn't writing, he is often reading all sorts of manga. His other hobbies include exploring the beauty of nature when he can. You can connect with him on his email: [email protected]
Characters / One Piece: Big Mom Pirates
Big Mom Pirates
The powerful and influential pirate crew led Charlotte Linlin, better known as "Big Mom", one of the Four Emperors. With a sweets theme, the crew use the fittingly food-based archipelago of Totto Land as their headquarters, which Big Mom rules as its queen and administers as an independent country unaffiliated with the World Government. The crew also keeps multiple islands in the New World as protectorates under their authority, protecting them from other pirates in exchange for a monthly tribute consisting of copious amounts of candy and sweets to satiate Big Mom's voracious appetite.
The crew is deeply intertwined with the Charlotte Family, which is comprised of Big Mom's 85 children (46 sons and 39 daughters), which she's had from 43 husbands. Each of Totto Land's 34 islands is governed by one of Big Mom's children as that island's Minister; most of them are also executive members of the Big Mom Pirates and powerful fighters in their own right. Big Mom's children are also used by her in Arranged Marriages with powerful pirates and members of the Underworld to gain their allegiance, increasing the size, power and influence of her crew. They are the main antagonists in the Whole Cake Island Arc and one of the main antagonist groups in the Wano Country Arc.
After Luffy and the Straw Hats successfully manage to infiltrate Totto Land, cause great mayhem and barely escape, the Big Mom Pirates have been deployed to hunt Luffy down and get revenge. They later form an alliance with the Animal Kingdom Pirates to conquer the world.
open/close all folders
"Even the demons of Hell will come when called to Mama's tea parties!" —VitoCharacters Clockwise from the bottom: Charlotte Katakuri, Charlotte Perospero, Charlotte Daifuku, Pekoms, Tamago, Charlotte Mont-d'Or, Charlotte Compote, Charlotte Smoothie, Streusen, Charlotte Galette, Charlotte Brûlée, Charlotte Oven; Top, left to right: Zeus, Charlotte Linlin, Prometheus.
- Alice Allusion: Big Mom herself is the Queen of Hearts, an overbearing female figure with an explosive temper. There's also the Chess Soldiers. And the egg-like Tamago and leonine Pekoms might be a nod to Humpty Dumpty and the first half of the Lion and Unicorn respectively (Pekoms could also be the Mock Turtle).
- Alpha Strike: The gist of the punishment they inflict on people who harm their most esteemed kin. A huge army of enraged siblings, totaling the vast majority of the Charlotte Family, gathers to swarm down on the offender.
- Altar Diplomacy: Alliances between the Big Mom Pirates and other groups are typically cemented via one member of the Charlotte Family marrying a member of the allying group, like Chiffon who married Bege.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Like the Sweet 3 Generals, many of Big Mom's other children who are officers also similarly powerful in one way or another.
- Badass Crew: Unsurprisingly, since they're one of the strongest crew of the entire world. Aside of the Sweet Generals and the rest of the Linlin's children, several minor members of the crew, such as Diesel and Randolph, are capable of taking on massive amounts of opponents and emerge both victorious and unscathed.
- Being Personal Isn't Professional: Seems to be a sentiment among the crew. Bege shoots Pekoms when the latter takes his emotions into account when dealing with the mission to bring the Straw Hats to Big Mom, what with them helping his devastated homeland. This action disgusts Sanji, noting that he has no respect for a crew who would hurt one of their own. Tamago then counters explaining one shouldn't be attached to personal feelings when doing your job, even saying that Capone did the right thing, although he would later state that if Pekoms was alive he'd beg Big Mom to take him back.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: What the crew is, as almost all of the officers are Big Mom's children, when they're not literally part of her soul. However, due to her ruling through fear rather than love, the bonds of blood unifying the family is actually pretty weak and doesn't protect them from betrayal or desertion as shown by Chiffon or Katakuri, as it's implied that he threw off his fight against Luffy when he came to respect him more than his own mother.
- Bright Is Not Good: The entirety of Big Mom's crew wear bright colors, so much they could fit right in a circus or a Disney movie but they're a notorious and vicious pirate crew who would bring destruction to entire islands and populations solely to take some ingredients for a wedding cake.
- Butt-Monkey: During the Wano arc, with the exception of Big Mom herself, the crew suffers mishaps after mishaps: Their first attempt to enter Wano gets kicked down by King, next time they're shown bickering about who's the next captain, and during their second attempt they're kicked down AGAIN by Marco.
- Chess Motifs: Two-fold; The army of Mooks employed by the crew are called the "Chess Barbarian Army", which are Homies dressed and armed like chess pieces, and then the main crew also have Chess ranks, with Tamago as a Knight, Bobbin as a Bishop, and Capone Bege as a Rook.
- Color Motif: Judging from the episodes featuring them, Big Mom and her crew seem to wear a lot of pink.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Double-subverted with King Baum; in Chapter 846 he is gravely injured by "Mad Moiselle" Amande when she uses her sword to saw through his body at an agonizingly slow pace. He begs her to kill him quickly, but Amande refuses just to savor his last moments of pain. It didn't seem to take however, because he was later seen revived and stitched together by a female tree in Chapter 873... then was burnt to a crisp by Prometheus sun-bombing a large portion of the Seducing Woods a chapter later.
- Everyone Is Armed: It's shown during the wedding ceremony that most of the lesser crew are armed with the special revolver that Pudding mentions to have, even the priest.
- Evil Counterpart: Katakuri and his younger triplet brothers, Daifuku and Oven, can be seen as counterparts of the Straw Hats' Monster Trio.
- Daifuku is a short-tempered Devil Fruit user, whose main power relies on having a very strong genie fight for him. The calm and collected Zoro uses nothing but swords and Haki to defeat his enemies.
- Oven and Sanji both use fire, but Sanji only attacks with his feet and legs, because Zeff taught him never to use his hands in a fight. Oven, however, does; while it fits with his name and theme of oven-baked foods, Oven's use of hands is anathema to a cook, because it puts the hands at risk. The contrast is shown when he unwittingly fire-punches a disguised Sanji, who sends him flying into a wall with a powerful kick
- Katakuri contrasts Luffy, showing what would happen if Luffy's power was used in tandem with a deadly intellect and powerful Haki. The result? A walking Curb-Stomp Battle, which is lampshaded by Carrot, who points out how similar their powers are.
- Big Mom's crew seem to contrast the Donquixote Pirates. Big Mom's crew is very large and almost entirely consists of biological family members, while the smaller Donquixote Pirates have members who were taken in because they had powers and quirks seen as desirable and "convenient" for the crew. Big Mom's crew is ruled by fear, while the Donquixote Pirates have Undying Loyalty to their captain because he is their father figure. The captains have high positions on different sides of the law; Doflamingo is a Warlord with ties to the World Government and a former World Noble who lost everything as a child when his father decided to live among "commoners", while Big Mom is a pirate Emperor and queen of Whole Cake Island and its surrounding lands who rose from being an abandoned orphan with incredible strength and an eating disorder to being one of the biggest threats in the world. The origins of both crews seem to differ, too — Big Mom had purely good intentions when she started her crew and wanted to create a utopia where everyone can (literally) see "eye-to-eye". Doffy's crew was essentially nothing more than a way to gather "convenient" tools, to satisfy his own inflated ego, and to destroy everything the World Nobles lord over just to spite them for refusing to accept him back into Mariejois.
- Also seems to be one for the Whitebeard pirates mainly on their "family" interpretation, since while none of the Known Whitebeard Pirates are related by blood, they regard each other as family, whereas the Big Mom Pirates see anyone from outside their blood family as pawns at best and trash at worst.
- The Charlotte family is also a foil to the Vinsmoke family in that, while both of them are very influential families full of strong fighters, the living Vinsmokes inherited an empire but lost it, whereas Big Mom created her empire herself and still has it. In addition, the two families have opposite views on chefs: The Vinsmokes consider chefs as slaves and treat them poorly, whereas the Charlottes consider chefs as valuable and not only have a few in high positions, most notably Streusen, but a number of the Charlotte children are chefs themselves, such as Pudding, Cracker, and Perospero. They also exhibit a case of Magic Versus Science: The Vinsmokes' power comes mostly from their hyper-advanced Lineage Factor engineering, whereas the Charlotte family relies very much on Devil Fruit powers.
- They're also a foil to the Straw Hats — both are immensely powerful and feared by both the World Government and other pirates, except the Straw Hats never let their reputation get to their heads. While the Charlottes heavily rely on individual power and lots of Chess soldier reserves.
- Food-Based Superpowers: A running theme for this crew, in line with Charlotte Linlin's personality, several members have Devil Fruits that give them Food based abilities:
- Perospero creates and manipulates candy as a weapon.
- Katakuri can turn into, create and manipulate Mochi (a type of Japanese Rice Cake).
- Opera creates and controls cream.
- Cracker ate a Devil Fruit that enables him to create things out of biscuits, such as soldiers.
- Smoothie can drain people and objects of their fluids, similarly to a juicer, and strengthen herself with the liquid.
- Galette manipulates butter.
- Streussen can turn anything into different foodstuffs.
- Fractured Fairy Tale: All of Totto Land is a quaint fairy tale kingdom with entire landscapes made of candy, smiling flowers and happy suns, etc. But it's actually a nightmare world under Carthaginian peace, as Big Mom will destroy anyone who fails to pay tribute. Individual crewmen nod to Wicked Witches (Brûlée), Alice in Wonderland (Chess Soldiers), and various others.
- Fusion Dance: An SBS reveals that one of the Decuplets, Newshi, ate the Gocha Gocha no Mi (Mix Mix Fruit), which allows him to perform one with his own brothers and sisters and allows him to become a towering,lanky colossus armed with a scaled-up Sinister Scythe.
- Genius Loci: Totland has a lot of Animate Inanimate Object, so many that the land itself is alive. And if you are trespassing, know that they will watch your every move and make your life hell. This is thanks to Big Mom's Soul Soul powers, granting life to them.
- Gilded Cage: Totto Land, or anyplace in Big Mom's territory counts as this for most of her children. They're all left wanting for nothing, with food and riches everywhere they go, but Big Mom is so tyrannical and controlling that most of her children gave up on defying her to pursue their own dreams save for one of Big Mom's daughters, Lola, who successfully ran away with her mother's Vivre Card. For that, she was disowned, with plans to send assassins after her.
- Gonk: Some of Big Mom's human pirate crew members as well as her children (especially the older ones) are ugly-looking. So far we've seen Bobbin, Chiffon and her sister Lola, Cracker (subverted in his case as his real appearance is not that bad-looking), Opera (who's a walking, talking, goopy mess of cream) and his brother, and Brûlée (whom Luffy even mistook for a tree branch when she stands on a tree). Pound, Chiffon and Lola's father, is also ugly-looking (though he's seen as an outsider to the family).
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Many of the members of the Charlotte family have food-related Devil Fruits which doesn't sound particulary impressive at first, but which turn out to just as dangerous and useful if not even more than more conventionnal abilities thanks to the Charlotte children's great imagination and creative uses of their respective food abilities.
- Jerkass: Most of Big Mom's children, especially the older ones. It could also apply to most of her pirate crew as well — Bobbin's seen laughing after burning down a country.
- King Mook: The boss of the Seducing Woods, King Baum, is a really big tree.
- Laser-Guided Karma: The wedding plan falling apart as it did was the direct result of the family's own arrogance and cruelty. Had Big Mom even bothered to be a better mother to her children, none of them would grow up to become severely dysfunctional adults, barely able to work together. Chiffon being abused so badly led to her siding with Bege, giving her husband all the information he needed to pull off his assassination plan in the first place. Pudding betraying her family in secret resulted from a lifetime of being treated as a freak and receiving her first genuine compliment from Sanji, the very person she was supposed to kill. Katakuri eventually stopped being The Ace for his siblings because it was clear they only cared for the facade he put up to protect them and not the real person he is underneath. Even Praline jumped ship, eloping from her home with her husband and his crew, and coming to the Straw Hats' rescue. And naturally, luring the Vinsmokes into a false alliance and setting up their execution directly led to the Straw Hats wrecking the wedding in the first place because of the Vinsmokes' blood ties to Sanji, who is too compassionate to let even his hated relatives die, which gave the Vinsmokes ample opportunity for a Roaring Rampage of Revenge later on.
- Let's Meet the Meat: The Animate Inanimate Objects in Totland include foods. It can be quite jarring to see your dinner asking you what would you prefer, expressing discomfort when eaten but ultimately satisfied that they taste good, as Sanji, Pudding's groom-to-be, unfortunately discovered during a luncheon with Big Mom herself.
- The Maiden Name Debate: Thanks to Big Mom's pirate reputation, the Charlotte family name is considered very powerful. As such, Big Mom and her children all go by the surname. Even after marriage, Big Mom and those of her daughters that have been wedded retain the name.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": Receives these frequently when they realize the unpredictability of dealing with the Straw Hats.
- The first comes when Luffy manages to actually defeat Cracker. Which resulted in them sending an entire army just to fight him.
- Second comes during the wedding when Luffy, followed by multiple copies of him created by Brûlée's power, burst out of the wedding cake. This is followed shortly by Brook smashing the picture of Mother Caramel which briefly makes Big Mom go catatonic.
- Third is Whole Cake Chateau suddenly being knocked over at the base by an explosion which sends everyone falling off it, costing them the chance to eliminate their enemies once they had them cornered.
- Fourth, Big Mom's hunger pangs kicking in after she's denied her wedding cake and about to go on a rampage.
- Fifth, the Germa 66 whom they earlier tried to kill and were thought dead thanks to a faked report suddenly arriving at Cacao Island and taking out a good chunk of their fleet while likewise saving Sanji and Luffy from their killing blows.
- Sixth, Brûlée reveals to the forces at Cacao Island (and to Mont-d'Or and Baron Tamago, who are at Whole Cake Island, listening to the confrontation over a Transponder Snail) that Luffy defeated Katakuri. Their horrified reactions are immediately followed by disbelief and later rage.
- Matriarchy: Totto Land and its surrounding islands are ruled by a powerful queen, Big Mom. Her entire royal family holds fathers overall in contempt, seeing them as outsiders who don't deserve to live in the same place as them. However, Totto Land's government is mix-gendered, with both daughters and sons of Big Mom working as her Ministers and/or elite force against potential threats. Due to Big Mom's insanity, it doesn't make Totto Land a better place to live in.
- Meaningful Name:
- The Charlotte family in general seems to be entirely named after sweets and other kinds of food, which completely fits with Big Mom's love of sweets. Almost all of them also reference their own name in various ways, either by their appearance or their powers.
- As a whole, the Charlotte family is named after the charlotte cake, which is made of several ingredients that most of Big Mom's children happened to be named after. It could reference how almost all members of the family are working together to help their mother keep Totto Land running.
- Mooks: The Chess Soldiers, which are chess-themed Homies with card-themed weaponry.
- Non-Indicative Name: You'd be forgiven for thinking Perospero's Devil Fruit power, the Lick-Lick Fruit, is solely about licking things based on its name when it's actually about creating candy (that one can lick), including turning people into candy.
- Not So Invincible After All: After the end of the Totto Land arc, Morgans publishes the Straw Hats' accomplishments in Totto Land, and the news of a pirate crew entering the "land of death", fighting and defeating some of Big Mom's most powerful children, and coming out alive, puts a big crack in their reputation as an "invincible" Emperor's crew.
- One-Man Army: This pretty much applies to most of Big Mom's crew as when gathering supplies for the tea party, they only sent one member from the crew to get one particular ingredient. The same thing could apply to most of Big Mom's children as well.
- Practically Different Generations: Big Mom has been marrying and dumping men for decades, resulting in huge age gaps between some of the Charlotte family. The oldest son, Perospero, is 50, the youngest, Anana, is 8.
- Reality Ensues:
- Having a giant-sized person rampaging through your country, even if it's your own parent, would end up threatening the lands and people you govern. Big Mom's children are understandably distressed whenever she goes on hunger-induced rampages; Moscato risked his own life trying to calm Big Mom down and, in the anime, helped with the evacuation of the general populace while Whole Cake Island was being destroyed. After the Straw Hat-Firetank Pirate-Alliance destroys the wedding cake Big Mom wanted, her entire family go into Mass "Oh, Crap!" mode as their head cook, Streusen, is severely injured, so they end up relying on Pudding to bake a replacement for something that took days to make. In Chapter 885, Amande desperately tries to stop Big Mom from destroying Nuts Island, and is seen staring forlornly at the aftermath's destruction while Nuts Island's citizens mourn their losses.
- Being in a family that is raised in dysfunction by an insane, hedonistic, fickle, and destructive monster like Big Mom can be damaging to one's psyche. Because fathers were treated as outsiders and never allowed to live with the family, most of Big Mom's children grew up having a twisted understanding of what family is. Pudding and Chiffon end up helping Big Mom's enemies escape because they've given them the love their own family could not. Katakuri tries to resolve his guilt and shame over letting Brûlée be scarred by his childhood bullies by hiding everything about himself so he could be the warrior and protector his family needed, at the cost of his own psychological health; he drops the act in the end because it was clear that his siblings loved his facade more than the real person beneath it.
- Being so arrogant about their family's political power and firepower has naturally made them blind to any holes in their territory's defenses such as enemy pirate crews manipulating their way into Totto Land, or the Charlottes' own siblings sabotaging their family's efforts for personal reasons.
- Focusing entirely on one enemy (Luffy and Sanji) leaves them completely vulnerable to another (the Vinsmokes), allowing them to be decimated in droves.
- Red Baron: Many of Big Mom's children and crew members have their own epithet as a result of their badassery. Examples revealed so far included Bobbin "the Disposer", "Cranerider" Randolph, "Book-Keeper" Mont-d'Or, etc.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge:
- When news of Cracker's defeat by Luffy spread, Big Mom's crew and children take up arms en masse and go to hunt down Luffy. Appropriately, the chapter in which it occurs is titled "The Enraged Army".
- When Brûlée delivers the heartbreaking news that Katakuri has been defeated, the entire family start focusing only on Luffy and Sanji to avenge their fallen brother... except that makes them vulnerable to the Vinsmokes' forces, who are all indebted to Sanji for saving them and want to pay the Charlottes back for nearly screwing them over.
- Shoulder Teammate: Counter is often seen with a tiny woman hanging off of his left arm, even in battle.
- Sinister Scythe: The Charlotte decuplets all wield matching scythes as their weapons of choice. When they fuse together thanks to Newshi's Devil Fruit, the scythe scales up as well.
- Succession Crisis: Whenever a Minister of a certain food island dies or retires from the position for some reason, they're replaced by someone who has similar skills pertaining to the place they govern over.
- When Moscato, the Minister of Gelato, was incapacitated by Big Mom during one of her hunger rampages, it was assumed he was dead and the position was left vacant... but he actually didn't die; he just spent a lot of time recovering off-screen and had lost 40 years off his overall lifespan.
- The seat for Minister of Whipped Cream is (possibly) currently vacant because Opera is apparently killed by Big Mom trying to save his own ass.
- The seat for Minster of Cacao Island seat is also vacant because its previous holder, Lola, ran away from a political marriage to Marry for Love. Lola's sister, Charlotte Pudding, was expected by her family to take up the seat as a replacement because of her chocolatier skills, but Pudding kept refusing it because she always saw Lola as the person best suited for the job, and hoped Lola would come back home to reclaim it one day.
- Terrible Trio: Beside the obvious Sweet 3 Generals, the triplet brothers Katakuri, Daikufu, and Oven stand out with Katakuri being the strongest Sweet General, and Daikufu and Oven all listed as "Monster". Smoothie also forms this with her younger sisters Cinnamon and Citron (who are eventually confirmed to be triplets).
- This Cannot Be!: In the climax of the arc, after the Germa 66 come to aid Luffy and Sanji, Brûlée informs the Big Mom Pirates of Luffy's victory against Katakuri. Needless to say, everyone is shocked that their top Sweet General was beaten, first denying it and accusing Brûlée of lying, and then accusing Luffy of using some kind of dirty trick to win and tarnishing Katakuri's honor. After the latter, they start redoubling their efforts to kill him and Sanji... which just made them bigger targets for the Vinsmokes, who proceed to utterly decimate them.
- Visual Pun: Some family members are inhumanly large, much like their mother, and behave like Smug Supers — they look down on everyone (including their enemies).
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Like his younger brother and fellow Minister, Cracker, Oven wears a cape and nothing else from the waist up.
- When Trees Attack: The trees of the Seducing Woods are alive thanks to Big Mom's powers and are tasked to keep any intruders trapped in.
Charlotte Linlin "Big Mom"
Captain of the Big Mom Pirates and one of the Four Emperors. See her page.
"My word... truly, a big mom!" —Brook
The majority of children of the Charlottes are Officers in the Big Mom Pirates, including the Sweet 3 Generals.
- Siblings by oldest to youngest (grouped with full siblings) with ranks and species:
- Charlotte Perospero (1st Son; Officer; Minister of Candy)
- Charlotte Compote (1st Daughter; Officer; Minister of Fruits)
- Charlotte Katakuri (2nd Son; Officer/Sweet General; Minister of Flour), Charlotte Daifuku (3rd Son; Officer; Minister of Beans), Charlotte Oven (4th Son; Officer; Minister of Baking)
- Charlotte Mondée (2nd Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Amande (3rd Daughter; Officer; Minister of Nuts), Charlotte Hachée (4th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Effilée (5th Daughter; Officer). Snakeneck hybrids.
- Charlotte Opera (5th Son; Officer; Minister of Whipped Cream), Charlotte Counter (6th Son; Officer), Charlotte Cadenza (7th Son; Officer), Charlotte Cabaletta (8th Son; Officer), Charlotte Gala (9th Son)
- Charlotte Cracker (10th Son; Officer/Sweet General; Minister of Biscuits), Charlotte Custard (6th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Angel (7th Daughter; Officer)
- Charlotte Zuccotto (11th Son; Officer; Minister of Alcohol)
- Charlotte Brûlée (8th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Broyé (9th Daughter; Officer; Minister of Meringue)
- Charlotte Nusstorte (12th Son; Officer; Minister of Transport), Charlotte Basskarte (13th Son; Officer), Charlotte Dosmarche (14th Son; Officer; Minister of Tea)
- Charlotte Noisette (15th Son; Officer; Minister of Finance)
- Charlotte Moscato (16th Son; Officer; Minister of Gelato), Charlotte Mash (10th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Cornstarch (11th Daughter; Officer; Minister of Love)
- Charlotte Compo (17th Son; Officer; Minister of Pie), Charlotte Laurin (18th Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Mont-d'Or (19th Son; Officer; Minister of Cheese)
- Charlotte Mozart (12th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Marnier (13th Daughter; Officer; Minister of Yeast)
- Charlotte High-Fat (20th Son; Officer), Charlotte Tablet (21st Son; Officer; Minister of Toppings)
- Charlotte Smoothie (14th Daughter; Officer/Sweet General; Minister of Juice), Charlotte Citron (15th Daughter; Officer; Minister of Eggs), Charlotte Cinnamon (16th Daughter; Officer). Longleg hybrids.
- Charlotte Saint-Marc (22nd Son; Officer; Minister of Essence), Charlotte Basans (23rd Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Melise (17th Daughter; Officer)
- Charlotte Dacquoise (24th Son; Officer; Minister of Jam)
- Charlotte Galette (18th Daughter; Officer; Minister of Butter), Charlotte Poire (19th Daughter; Officer)
- Charlotte Snack (25th Son; Officer/former Sweet General; Minister of Fries), Charlotte Bavarois (26th Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Prim (20th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Praline (21st Daughter; Minister of Design). Mermaid hybrids.
- Charlotte Kanten (27th Son; Officer; Minister of Agar), Charlotte Kato (28th Son; Officer; Minister of Seeds), Charlotte Montb (29th Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Chiboust (30th Son; Officer; Minster of Mix)
- Charlotte Chiffon (22nd Daughter; Minister of Puffs), Charlotte Lola (23rd Daughter; former Minister of Chocolate)
- Charlotte Mobile (31st Son; Officer; Minister of Tasting), Charlotte Marble (24th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Myukuru (25th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Maple (26th Daughter; Officer). Longarm hybrids.
- Charlotte Brownie (32nd Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Joconde (27th Daughter; Officer)
- Charlotte Raisin (33rd Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Panna (28th Daughter; Officer)
- Charlotte Mascarpone (34th Son; Officer; Minister of Silverware), Charlotte Joscarpone (29th Daughter; Officer). Snakeneck hybrids.
- Charlotte Yuen (35th Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Newichi (36th Son; Officer), Charlotte Newji (37th Son; Officer), Charlotte Newsan (38th Son; Officer), Charlotte Newshi (39th Son; Officer), Charlotte Newgo (40th Son; Officer), Charlotte Nutmeg (30th Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Akimeg (31st Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Allmeg (32nd Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Harumeg (33rd Daughter; Officer), Charlotte Fuyumeg (34th Daughter; Officer)
- Charlotte Nougat (41st Son; Officer)
- Charlotte Pudding (35th Daughter; Officer). Three-Eye hybrid.
- Charlotte Flampe (36th Daughter; Officer/Special Attack Unit Captain; Minister of Honey)
- Charlotte Anglais (42nd Son)
- Charlotte Wafers (37th Daughter)
- Charlotte Wiro (43rd Son). Snakeneck hybrid.
- Charlotte De-Chat (44th Son). Fish-Man hybrid.
- Charlotte Normande (38th Daughter). Dwarf hybrid.
- Charlotte Dolce (45th Son), Charlotte Dragée (46th Son)
- Charlotte Anana (39th Daughter)
- Always Identical Twins: Among Big Mom's children, there are eleven sets of twins (five sets of girls, five sets of boys, and a boy-girl pair). Each pair either plays this trope straight or averts it. These are:
- Chiffon and Lola are identical twins who look very much like one another. Because of this Big Mom attempted to pass Chiffon off for Lola when the latter ran away from her arranged marriage with the prince of the Elbaf giants, Loki. This scheme failed and along with branding Lola a criminal, an enraged Big Mom started beating Chiffon whenever they met on the reason that Chiffon shares the same face with the daughter that ruined a golden opportunity for Big Mom.
- Mascarpone and Joscarpone avert this trope by being fraternal twins. While both are of the long neck tribe, are often seen together, and have very similar names with Joscarpone's being in Japanese essentially the female version of her brother's, these twin brother and sister look different enough from one another to be able to tell them apart.
- Dolce and Dragee are Big Mom's two youngest sons and have a fondness for balloons. They look very uncannily like one another and are clearly identical twins.
- According to an SBS from Volume 88 of the manga, the panda hat wearing girl seen during the wedding is named Poire, and she's the younger twin sister of Galette. These two being twins is very much not obvious as both of them look completely different from one another, save for both having magenta-colored hair, thus averting this trope.
- Volume 4 of the One Piece Magazine identifies Praline the hammerhead shark mermaid as the younger twin of Prim, an octopus mermaid.
- Volume 5 of the One Piece Magazine reveals new sets of fraternal twins, averting this trope:
- Brûlée and Broyé are identified as fraternal twins. Despite their differences, it's implied that they looked similar as children until Brûlée had her face horribly scarred by a particularly spiteful group of bullies, preventing her from aging as gracefully as her twin and her other sisters.
- Compo and Laurin are fraternal twin brothers. Their most prominent traits would be which facial parts they cover (Compo covers his mouth completely with a bandanna yet shows his eyes and sunglasses; Laurin exposes his mouth yet his "eyes" are covered, being on his skull-marked hat instead).
- High-Fat and Tablet are fraternal twin brothers. Aside from the obvious differences (High-Fat wears some armor and has a mustache, Tablet lets his hair get wild and has no mustache), their status as fraternal siblings is exaggerated to the point where Tablet looks young enough to be mistaken as High-Fat's son, despite both being 36-years-old.
- Saint-Marc and Basans are fraternal twin brothers. Saint-Marc is a large, hulking figure dressed up like a knight, while Basans is a man who wears a white hoodie and has several antlers on his head. Furthermore, while Basans is named after food like most of his siblings, Saint-Marc is named after a Japanese cafe company, Saint Marc Holdings.
- Former Sweet General Snack and Bavarois are fraternal twin brothers. Snack is huge, dark-haired and keeps his hair styled in the form of dango buns; while the blond Bavarois has dreadlocks, a mustache-goatee combo, and looks like a boxer.
- Mariner and Mozart are fraternal twin sisters. While both have outlandish hair and wear a Badass Cape of their own, Mariner's cape is much shorter than Mozart's, and has a checkered afro, while Mozart's hair resembles large rabbit ears.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: As Big Mom is the queen of Totto Land and also one of the Four Emperors, most of her family are automatically princes and princesses by default. Even Pudding, though she didn't start out that way. The exception seems to be Praline and Chiffon.
- Armor-Piercing Attack: The family is in possession of "Candy Jacket" bullets, which allow them to penetrate thick walls and armored soldiers, including the modified skeletons of the Vinsmoke children, as Pudding demonstrated to Reiju. They're first seen used against Germa 66 in Chapter 900, to deadly effect.
- Arranged Marriage: Most of Big Mom's children were set up to marry strong people so they can produce offspring that will strengthen both her crew and the family's influence, like with Praline, with her husband Aladdin of the Sun Pirates; and Chiffon, with her husband Capone Bege of the Firetank Pirates. So far, these marriages have been shown to be very loving. One of Big Mom's daughters, Lola, defied this by running away from home and finding love on her own terms (though she's yet to find someone who'll accept her proposals). It's also subverted with Pudding and Sanji, who would've been in a Perfectly Arranged Marriage if it weren't for Sanji's dream of finding the All Blue, his loyalties to the Straw Hat Pirates, and the no longer shy and innocent Pudding was only pretending to be a nice girl and plans on murdering him and rest of the Vinsmokes on their wedding day.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Those of Big Mom's children who are Ministers often have a theme that relate to the islands they govern. It can also apply to those who are not Ministers.
- Charlotte Dolce and his brother Dragée have very round bodies, and their favorite thing is balloons. Their favorite hobby is to float around using balloons.
- Charlotte Citron is the Minister of Eggs, and has a rotund, egg-shaped body, which resulted from her gluttony of sweets.
- Badass Family: Invoked — Big Mom married 43 husbands, mothered 85 children, and arranged them to marry strong people in order to strengthen her crew and their influence. Many of said children (twelve identified) are Devil Fruit Users with very high bounties, such as Big Mom's Sweet Generals. Unfortunately, their collective dysfunction renders them incompetent as a team.
- Balloonacy: Charlotte Dolce and his brother Dragée love balloons so much that they often use them to float in the air. Their sister Anana loves tormenting them by using knives to pop their balloons.
- Bastard Bastard: According to Oda in SBS 90, Big Mom kidnapped her husbands to have children with them, and threw them away once they served their purpose. This would make the all the children in Big Mom's biological family maternal half-siblings, with most of them being fanatically loyal to their mother. The enforced absences of their fathers due to not being related by blood only enabled their insanity.
- Beauty Is Bad: Generally, any Charlotte who is beautiful and loyal to Big Mom is evil, especially the women.
- Big Brother Instinct: As messed up as they are, some of Big Mom's crew/family have a degree of familial love towards their siblings, brother or sister, and will do anything to protect them if they're in danger. Going after said siblings is a big no-no.
- Big Brother Worship: Most of the Charlottes see Katakuri as The Paragon and the symbol of duty, power, dependability, and perfection. Brûlée sings him her praises, much to Katakuri's exasperation, while young Flampe, the 36th daughter, is the leader of the Katakuri Fan Club, and loves him so much that she competes with her other siblings for his attention, and was willing to interfere with the fight with Luffy just to protect Katakuri's "perfect" status. In the end, while Flampe's worship was shown to be superficial, Brûlée still adores her big brother despite knowing of his flaws.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: What the Charlotte family actually is behind closed doors.
- While they act like charitable hosts and they do seem to care for each other, most of them are as criminally insane as their mother, Big Mom, no thanks to her terrible parenting, her willingness to attack her own children if they get in her way (like Charlotte Moscato and Charlotte Opera), and Control Freak tendencies. Those children working under her are fearful of receiving You Have Failed Me from her if they screw up, which resulted in some like Opera lying about Luffy and Nami's escape from captivity.
- Two of her daughters, Praline and Chiffon, are more loyal to their husbands than Big Mom with Praline essentially jumping ship with her husband's crew despite knowing the severe consequences for doing so, and Chiffon supporting Bege's assassination plan because of all the abuse Big Mom heaped on her for being the identical twin sister of the runaway Lola, whom Big Mom despises with a passion, and because she wants Lola to be safe.
- Pudding, who is supposedly one of Big Mom's favorites and supports her plans, Used to Be a Sweet Kid but became a sadistic and cunning psychopath because of both Big Mom and the other children ridiculing her Third Eye, and is frustrated with her mother treating her more like a convenient tool than her own child.
- Katakuri, who would become a deadly Sweet General and his family's "ace in the hole" if things go south, was also bullied for having a fanged mouth, but it wasn't until Brûlée became a target through Revenge by Proxy that he hid all of his "weaknesses" in order to become his family's sole protector, which is psychologically unhealthy and inflicts incredible stress on his mind.
- Because the family disdains having the children's fathers around due to not being related by blood, many of the Charlottes grew up without someone to raise them right, curb their collective issues, or give them at least something resembling a moral compass, which became a major part of the reason why the family's so screwed up.
- Blade on a Stick: Mascarpone and his twin sister Joscarpone both wield naginatas, a Japanese bladed spear, though they do use bows and arrows later.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Justified; the younger siblings' behaviors seem to have come from growing up spoiled without good parental guidance, resulting in dysfunctional behavior even in the youngest children, who are still kids.
- BrotherSister Team: Barring some moments, most of Linlin's children have a deep connection with each other and they all participate in battles should the situation require it. Special mention go to fraternal twins Mascarpone and Joscarpone, who are always seen fighting together.
- Bystander Syndrome:
- It's implied that none of Chiffon's older and younger siblings stepped in to help her whenever she would receive horrific abuse from Big Mom for looking like her twin sister, Lola, despite knowing what was going on. It's what drove her to cut ties from her family and support Bege's assassination plan.
- As revealed in flashbacks, Pudding's family either stood by and did nothing whenever she was viciously bullied for having a Third Eye, or participated in the ridicule themselves. This led to her snapping and becoming the duplicitous, sadistic person she is.
- Cain and Abel: Generally what happens if a sibling betrays the family in some way. After Lola betrayed Big Mom by running away from a political marriage with Loki, her older brothers and sisters agreed with Big Mom's plan to have Lola assassinated, despite previously showing concern that she died overseas. And after sisters Chiffon and Praline started actively helping the Straw Hats via assassination and hindering their siblings' pursuit, respectively, they were added to the family's hit-list as well.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Thanks to the nature of how they were raised by Big Mom, the Charlotte Family as a whole has duplicity down to an art, to the point that it might as well be in their blood. Throughout the entirety of the Whole Cake Island arc, every member of the family has, collectively or individually, justifiably or not, stabbed another in the back at least once, be they a prospective ally, a secret enemy, or even each other. The family seems to be aware of it too, which creates a sense of distrust among them that contributes to their inability to work together as a team.
- Edible Theme Naming: Considering how much of a glutton Big Mom is, it's not a surprise she named nearly all of her children after food, drink, cooking, or eating, though they range from the obvious (Cracker, Raisin) to the obscure (Montd'Or, Amande).
- Establishing Character Moment: Katakuri and his triplet brothers, Daifuku and Oven, utterly decimating Jigra and his allies while advising them to "know [your] place" in Episode 830 says a lot about most of the family; they look down on everyone that isn't them.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones:
- Totto Land's Ministers Opera, Mont-d'Or, and Galette cared greatly for Moscato, and were greatly shaken when they witnessed Big Mom rip out 40 years of his lifespan (he got better, fortunately). Chapter 845 has the three being part of the many participants in the manhunt for Luffy, the defeater of their brother and fellow Minister Cracker.
- In Chapter 846, when Big Mom's army discovers the Straw Hat Pirates had Lola's Vivre Card, they immediately worry that Lola had been killed and ask for her last words. Nami insists that nothing of the sort happened and Lola is the Straw Hats' ally. Then it's subverted when a few members of said army, who also happen to be a few of Lola's biological brothers and sisters, accept Big Mom's plan to assassinate her, with Opera preparing to torture Nami for information had Jimbei not walked in.
- Evil Redhead: Like Oven, Charlotte Basskarte has bright orange hair, though his isn't in a gradient like Oven's is. It matches his affinity for fire, and he's loyal to Big Mom.
- Family Theme Naming: Big Mom's children are named after specific types of food and drinks. Lola, the runaway 23rd daughter who is mostly treated as the family outcast, averts this with her non-food name. However, in a specific case, those who were born twins/triplets/quadruplets/etc. also have similar names that connect them with their siblings.
- Triplets Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven are named after things that could have food inside. Katakuri and Daifuku are named after mochi, which sometimes have food fillings, and Oven is named after a kitchen appliance that bakes whatever is put inside it.
- Smoothie is named after a blended drink. Her younger triplet sisters, Cinnamon and Citron, are named after smoothie flavorings.
- The female half of the Charlotte decuplets have names that end with the word "-meg", and are also puns based on the nutmeg spice. Their names are also based off of prefixes for the four seasons, with Allmeg referring to all seasons.
- Opera and his quintuplet brothers are named after musical terms (Opera, Counter, Cadenza, Cabaletta, Gala).
- Fraternal twins Mascarpone and Joscarpone are named after a type of Italian cheese; as mentioned above, Joscarpone's name is the female version of her brother's name.
- Amande and her fraternal quadruplet sisters Mondée, Hachée, and Effilée are named after almonds and the French terms for the methods used to prepare them (Mondée means "bleached", Hachée means "diced", and Effilée means "flaked").
- Galette and her twin sister Poire are named after pear butter.
- Freudian Excuse:
- In general, some of the Charlotte family's dysfunction is rooted in how Big Mom raised them and how she herself was raised by Mother Carmel, who only enabled her worst traits through forgiveness without proper discipline.
- On a related note, it also implied in Chiffon and Pudding's cases that the reason why the Charlotte family's political marriages worked so well is because they found the love that their own family couldn't give them, resulting in Big Mom's daughters falling deep in love with their husbands.
- The creation of the Charlotte family, with many sons and daughters inheriting the genes of their fathers' races, is one part of Big Mom's Freudian Excuse — she wanted to recreate her beloved interracial family of orphans that mysteriously vanished on her 6th birthday, leaving her all alone.
- Glasgow Grin: Charlotte Poire looks like she has one as she's constantly smiling, but it's subverted as the ends of her grinning mouth happen to connect to the stitches of her panda hat.
- Guns Akimbo: Charlotte Effilée fights with dual pistols, to fit with her western cowboy motif.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Invoked. At least nine of Big Mom's husbands came from other fantastic races in the verse (three snakenecks, two merfolk/Fish-men, a longleg, a longarm, a dwarf, and a three-eye), resulting in nineteen confirmed hybrid children (four sons and fifteen daughters). This is partly due to Big Mom's desire to create strong children and partly wanting diversity in her family, which is later revealed to have stemmed from once living with a large family of orphans who came from different races.
- Happily Married: The two Arranged Marriages we've seen so far (Chiffon and Capone Bege, Praline and Aladdin of the Sun Pirates) are quite happy, with the wives so devoted to their husbands that they are willing to side with them over Big Mom any day, Chiffon with good reason.
- Hoist by Their Own Petard:
- Thought bullying one of your relatives for having an abnormal physical trait was a good idea? No, it wasn't. Because Pudding was bullied all her life for having a third eye by her own family, being shown kindness for the first time affected her so deeply that she had an emotional breakdown, which ultimately screwed up the plans to kill the Vinsmokes, and ended up falling in love with the person she was supposed to kill (Sanji). Aka, the exact opposite of what Big Mom and crew were hoping for.
- Thought standing by and watching while one of your siblings is horrifically abused by a parent for trivial reasons was a good idea? No, it wasn't. Because Chiffon was basically used as a punching bag by Big Mom to vent her anger towards the runaway Lola, on virtue of them being identical twins with the same face, Chiffon cut off all ties with her family and supported Bege's plan to assassinate her mother. When Brûlée discovers this, she pleads for her sister to reconsider. Chiffon retorts that she knew what happened yet did nothing, and declares the Firetank Pirates to be her family now.
- Despite Big Mom believing in a utopia of all races, and the entire family containing half-human hybrids, some won't hesitate to shun and bully those they view as "ugly", which is telling because a majority of the family have freakish appearances themselves; even Big Mom should be considered "freakish" by virtue of her abnormally large size. Pudding was tormented all her childhood for having three eyes, and Katakuri, a feared Sweet General, was revealed to have gone through the same thing when he was younger for having a mouth like a pelican eel (though he initially didn't care until Brûlée got scarred in a Revenge by Proxy). The latter even had to endure the same ridicule again as an adult from his own sister, Flampe, who claimed to be his biggest fan, after she sees his mouth for the first time, which triggered his childhood memories as Flampe and her crew humiliate him.
- Despite a majority of the family having some affection for each other and viciously attacking those who hurt their siblings, they didn't protect Chiffon from Big Mom's horrific abuse, and wholeheartedly advocate the killing of family "traitors" as shown with their relationship with the runaway Lola.
- Identical Twin ID Tag:
- Chiffon and Lola are identical twin sisters who share the same Gonky face. To tell them apart, Chiffon has Girlish Pigtails and a hair bow, while Lola has braids (though she did have a bob cut and a bow like her sister before she ran away).
- According to an SBS issue, Opera is the oldest of male identical quintuplets. The only ways they could be told apart from each other is by the number of hair tufts on their head (Counter has one, Cadenza has two, and so on), and the fact that Opera is a human-looking Blob Monster made of cream while his brothers have Badass Beards.
- Averted for Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven who were revealed to be triplets in SBS 87. Aside from their massive statures, each around 16 feet tall, they share very little in common in terms of appearance.
- Averted again with Galette and Poire, who are revealed to be twin sisters. Aside from the deep maroon hair and penchant for wearing Coat Capes, they look nothing alike.
- In the Hood: Charlotte Wafers, Big Mom's 36th daughter who's seen hiding behind a pillar in the chateau, wears a polka-dotted cloak with a hood. The anime colors it as white with blue dots.
- Ironic Name: In general, despite being named after food, the Charlotte Family is mostly a homicidally insane bunch.
- Anglaise tries to look cool and tough by acting like a Greaser. But his name comes from crème anglaise, a sweet custard sauce. The cute caterpillar he rides as a motorcycle doesn't help his image much.
- Angel, Big Mom's 7th daughter, is named after angel food cake, but is fanatically loyal to Big Mom.
- Snack, a former Sweet General named for a small portion of food, is gigantic.
- Large and in Charge: Thanks to Big Mom's genetics, almost all of her children are abnormally tall, and it's certainly fitting considering the sheer political power and firepower the crew has in the world.
- Like Father, Like Son: Some of Big Mom's older children are utterly loyal to their mother and antagonizing the Straw Hat Pirates; her oldest son Perospero especially shares her love of sweets, while one of her youngest daughters has her homicidal and sadistic tendencies.
- Like Father, Unlike Son:
- Most of the younger children play it straight by being more decent, reasonable, and often physically attractive.
- Two of Big Mom's daughters who have been seen in Arranged Marriages are very loving and supportive of their husbands. In contrast, Big Mom only sees her husbands as sperm banks and discards them as soon as they serve their purpose.
- Mafia Princess: Big Mom's daughters are usually treated like this, i.e being pampered with wealth and money but not having much choice in their lives. While it's subverted in that most of them are very loyal to Big Mom, a few play it straight. Lola escaped that life years ago when she was set up for an important Arranged Marriage with the giant prince, Loki. So do Lola's twin sister Chiffon, and their younger sister Praline, who both jump ship later.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!":
- After the wedding cake is destroyed, Charlotte Linlin goes into a craving rampage and everyone is rightfully panicking at the idea of their mother going crazy and destroying everything in her path, especially because there is no more wedding cake to stop her.
- When they try to climb Wano's waterfall for the second time they're completely caught by surprise by Marco, who cuts the Koi carps tied to their ship and sends them down again.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Big Mom has had 85 children with 43 husbands over the course of 42 years, with at least one child born every single year during that period. Furthermore, there were twenty-one cases of multiple births among them... one set of decuplets (ten children at once — five boys and five girls), one set of quintuplets (all boys), two sets of quadruplets (one set of four girls and a set of one boy and three girls), six sets of triplets (three all male, one all female, and two with one boy and two girls each), and eleven sets of twins (five all-boy pairs, five all-girl pairs, and a mixed pair), totaling sixty-three out of the eighty-five. Plus twenty-two single births (thirteen boys and nine girls).
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: In the anime, Basskarte's mouth when uncovered is basically two rows of sharp teeth. It's not a pleasant sight.
- Never My Fault: As shown because of their lack of maturity or ability to get along or trust each other, and their overall fear of their mother, many siblings have a tendency to not acknowledge their faults.
- After Jinbe rescues Luffy and Nami from the prison library, Opera lies saying he killed them and burned it to save face because he doesn't want to admit his faults (and because he knows Big Mom will kill him if she finds out).
- After the wedding was ruined and Big Mom goes on a rampage, Smoothie confronts Opera demanding why he lied about Luffy and Nami having escaped claiming this is his responsibility while ignoring that she knew all along that Jinbe was revolting in the castle and told no one all because she didn't want to have to deal with her mother going on a rampage.
- Perospero blames Sanji for the wedding being ruined and not dying like he should have despite the fact they forced him to attend and die and being the reason they had to ally with the Beast Pirates despite the fact they didn't have to travel to Wano to get revenge at all.
- Nice Hat: Poire wears a panda hat with stitches that makes her grinning mouth look like a Glasgow Grin.
- Older Than They Look: Zigzagged. Many of Big Mom's children look very attractive and physically fit despite being well into their 40s, possibly due to spending their lives serving as Big Mom's governors/fighters, though some don't fit the trend. Charlotte Anglaise, according to an SBS issue, is stated to be 14-years-old. Yet due to the art style, he looks like a little kid.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Charlotte Normande, Big Mom's 38th daughter, is a tiny girl who resembles a fairy with her butterfly wings, but she's actually a human-dwarf hybrid.
- Perpetual Smiler: Charlotte Poire has a wide-mouth grin full of sharp teeth that resembles a Glasgow Grin even while displaying other emotions, to contrast her twin sister Galette, who's The Stoic.
- Playing with Fire: Like his older brother Oven, Charlotte Basskarte has fire powers of the fireball-throwing and fire-breathing variety, though it's as yet unknown if they're from a Devil Fruit or something else.
- Practically Different Generations: Linlin kept having children for decades, resulting in many of them being decades of age apart and old enough to be their siblings' parent. The oldest child is Perospero, who is 50, while the youngest is Anana, who is just 8-years-old.
- Rapunzel Hair: Sisters Citron and Cinnamon have very long hair, with Citron's being longer than Smoothie's. The thing is, it would've counted as Rapunzel Hair if they weren't so dang tall.
- Royally Screwed Up: Just like their former allies, the Vinsmokes, the Charlotte family is this. Big Mom's poor parenting and the social stigmatization of her children's fathers as outsiders led to her children becoming dysfunctional, with distrust and duplicity running in their blood. Charlottes born "ugly" are fair game for bullying as Pudding and Katakuri found out, and those who betray Big Mom are deemed traitors who are better off dead. Due to Big Mom's insanity and penchant for destruction, her children are also afraid of invoking her wrath in any way.
- Same-Sex Triplets: As in the case of Always Identical Twins above, there are a lot of identical/fraternal siblings born in Big Mom's family, with varying numbers. Most of them subvert the trope due to looking different from each other in some way, which is Truth in Television.
- Sweet General Katakuri, and his younger brothers Daifuku and Oven, are revealed in an SBS issue to be a set of male triplets. It's also subverted because aside from the massive height, they look nothing alike.
- Opera and his brothers Counter, Cadenza, Cabaletta, and Gala play it straighter by being male identical quintuplets. The only way to tell them apart is Opera's creamy appearance, Counter's mustache, and the number of hair tufts on their dotted heads.
- Smoothie, Citron, and Cinnamon are confirmed to be triplets and longleg hybrids. Like Katakuri and his triplet brothers though, it's subverted as apart from their long legs, they look different from one another.
- Played with in the Charlotte decuplets. Half of the decuplets are boys while the other half are girls. The 5 boys all have very similar appearances, save for Newsan being nearly twice his brothers' height, and wear matching clothes. The 5 girls each have slight variations in how they style their hair and in their clothing but otherwise look the same, save for Harumeg being nearly twice her sisters' height. Essentially, the decuplets consists of two pairs of identical quintuplets.
- According to Volume 4 of the One Piece Magazine, Mondée, Amande, Hachée, and Effilée are quadruplets (and Snakeneck tribe hybrids). However, they have distinct differences: Mondée is very heavyset and not long-necked at all, making her closer in looks to her older sister Compote. Amande, Hachée and Effilée are much closer in appearance to one another though.
- As revealed in Volume 5 of the One Piece Magazine, Charlotte Mobile, Marble, Myukuru, and Maple are a mix — Marble and Myukuru have very similar appearances, but their quadruplet brother and sister are very different in looks.
- Subverted by the trio of Moscato, Mash and Cornstarch, with Moscato being the only male of the triplets. The same goes for Cracker and his triplet sisters Custard and Angel.
- Also subverted by the trio of Nusstorte, Basskarte and Dosmarche, who look nothing alike aside from height.
- Subverted with Kanten, Kato, and Montb, who are fraternal triplets. Kanten and Montb are quite heavyset, while their skinny brother Kato is... a scarecrow-like human.
- Secret Keeper: Implicitly, Big Mom's older children are this regarding Katakuri's true appearance. Since he didn't start hiding his mouth until partway through his childhood, anyone old enough to remember him from before then would know what his mouth looks like. Presumably, no one else knows because they choose to respect Katakuri's desire to keep it hidden.
- Shared Family Quirks: A few of Big Mom's children have inherited some facets of her personality, such as her homicidal insanity and eating habits. Like Charlotte Anana, Citron, Perospero and Katakuri.
- Smug Super: A whole family of them. Due to their mighty power and brutal efficiency with their enemies, all of them have developed this douchey confidence that they can steamroll through any opposition easily, which is encouraged massively by the successes of Katakuri, The Ace of the family. This ends up biting them in their collective asses numerous times, as they are not only blindsided by skilled, fresh-blooded opponents like the Straw Hats, but also benevolent relatives who work to sabotage their family's efforts from within. Katakuri himself makes a point to defy this trope, which explains why he's so successful as a fighter. This is because when he was younger, his recklessness caused Brûlée to get attacked and scarred by the same bullies he beat up. He blamed himself for the incident ever since.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Many of Big Mom's children have food-related names that also tie in with their food-related Devil Fruit powers or the food they're minister of.
- Strong Family Resemblance:
- Aside from the facial scarring, Brûlée looks like a very thin version of her mother.
- Chiffon's infant son Pez heavily resembles his father, Capone Bege of the Firetank Pirates, complete with hat, stubble, and cigar. (Though the cigar's just a pacifier.) He also has his mother's hair.
- Teens Are Monsters: Some of Big Mom's children who are in their teenage years can be bratty and selfish at minimum, and monstrous at best. Justified, because of the toxic, dysfunctional environment they were raised in.
- Parodied with Charlotte Anglaise, who tries really hard to be a Greaser, yet he rides a cute caterpillar motorcycle, and his idea of delinquency was not brushing his teeth before bed, so he comes across as little more than a Bratty Half-Pint. There's also the fact that he tattles on Brook to his older siblings, like how a little kid tells a parent their sibling is stealing cookies for themselves.
- Flampe, despite being the founder of Katakuri's fan club, is determined to be the "favorite" sister that Katakuri loves so she could be the sole recipient of his affections. But that changes when Katakuri willingly reveals his hidden fanged mouth out of anger for interfering with his fight with Luffy. Flampe cruelly rejects and humiliates her half-brother after seeing his "real" side, which motivates him and Luffy to knock her out with Conqueror's Haki without regret.
- Zigzagged with Pudding. She's a sweet-hearted girl who seemingly lets Chopper and Luffy get away with eating a chocolate building, only getting angry that they didn't eat it all. Her niceness is actually a facade to hide the sadistically broken person she is underneath due to severe childhood trauma. Once Sanji gives her her first taste of compassion, Pudding truly becomes nice and helps the Straw Hats escape Totto Land.
- Averted with 13-year-old Wafers, who in her brief appearance is shown to be quite rational and dislikes violence. She openly begs her mother not to give her sister a knife and considers Anana's behavior psychotic.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Those of Big Mom's daughters revealed to be officially married so far (Praline with Aladdin, and Chiffon with Capone Bege) are larger than their husbands.
- Token Good Teammate: A few of Big Mom's children are shown to have kindhearted personalities unlike the rest of their family, such as Chiffon and her identical twin sister Lola, their younger sister Praline, and their not-deceased brother Moscato. The former two have no loyalties to Big Mom and betray their mother by jumping ship when the chance presented itself. Katakuri also proves himself to be one — despite being a Sweet General who's loyal to Big Mom, Katakuri carries a high sense of honor, doesn't let himself become arrogant from his victories, and is protective of his family to the point where he massacred the bullies who horrifically scarred Brûlée's face as a child.
- Tragic Villain: Many of Big Mom's children are fanatically loyal to her, but it's implied that their loyalties are based on fear of what she would do if they fail or betray her in some way. It's also implied that Big Mom's terrible parenting and her insanity rubbed off on her children in ways that each sibling remain inherently distrustful of each other, which explains why they're unable to cooperate together as a team, despite their outward love for each other.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Zigzagged. While most of Big Mom's younger and older children are very attractive or at least decent-looking, some look as ugly as their mother. Her son and Sweet General, Charlotte Cracker in particular, only looks completely Gonk when he dons his Biscuit armor — his real face on the other hand, while not exactly pretty, isn't outright repulsive, either.
- The Unfavorite: The fate of those children who piss off their mother, Big Mom, in a majorly huge way.This happened to Lola, who was targeted for assassination after she ran away from a political marriage with the giant prince, Loki, and her twin sister Chiffon, who was sent in her place and when the switch failed, she was constantly beaten black and blue by Big Mom whenever they met each other, all because she looked like Lola. The kicker is that Lola remains oblivious to her family's hatred and believes that her mother still loves her, but Chiffon correctly believes her sister wouldn't last if she comes back home.
- Villainous Lineage: Many of Big Mom's children share her blood lust and sadistic tendencies, and in general, they all seem to enjoy the violence and mayhem their positions allow them to engage in.
- Warrior Prince: The majority of Big Mom's sons seen so far are Devil Fruit users and capable fighters.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The anime paints the hair of some of Big Mom's children with some very bright colors. Charlotte Galette is revealed to have magenta-pink hair, as of Episode 788 (and her twin Poire has the same color).
- You're Not My Father: Due to Big Mom teaching her kids that their fathers are outsiders and therefore not "true" family, some of them treat their fathers with absolute disdain, as seen with Cracker and his interactions with his stepfather, Pound.
Sweet 3 Generals
The elite officers of the Big Mom Pirates. See their page here.
Voiced by: Yūya Uchida
Debut: Chapter 834 (Manga), Episode 795 (Anime)
Devil Fruit:Lick-Lick Fruit
"I'm no candy-man myself... you must've thought me sweeter than I am!"
The eldest son and first child of the Charlotte Family, Perospero is also Totto Land's Minister of Candy. He has eaten the Lick-Lick Fruit (Pero Pero no Mi), a Paramecia that allows him to create and manipulate candy.
He has a bounty of 700,000,000 berries.
- Adult Fear: As a kid, he tried convincing Katakuri to cover his mouth so he would make friends. This blew up in his face when Katakuri finally relented, but only after they found their younger sister Brûlée arrived home on a stretcher, with a huge, bleeding, ugly gash on her face. Katakuri, who previously didn't care about his looks or eating habits, hid everything about himself so he could be the protector his family needs, at the cost of his own sanity.
- Affably Evil: Perospero frequently indulges the children that live on Totto Land by letting them eat his candy, when he's not busy turning people into candy.
- Amusing Injuries: Upon reaching Onigashima, Perospero continues to comically suffer one injury after another: getting his face gashed by Wanda and Carrot, smacked into a wall by Queen's tail thanks to Sanji, and decked in the jaw by Cat Viper to avenge Pedro's death.
- An Arm and a Leg: He survived Pedro's Heroic Sacrifice, but lost his right arm in the process. He isn't too affected by it, however, since he can just make a replacement arm with his candy powers.
- Apologetic Attacker: Subverted, Perospero apologizes to Marco when hes about to shoot him with an arrow, not because hes sorry about it, but because Big Mom is holding Marco so Perospero can take the shot.
- Artificial Limbs: After losing his arm to Pedro, he uses his power to create a prosthetic arm made of candy to replace it. It doesn't last long since he suffers of infections from the wounds and needs first aid.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Perospero serves as Candy Island's governor, the Minister of Candy and his powers and clothes are candy-themed, and he likes eating candy. Fittingly for his habit of constantly licking candies, Perospero has a very long tongue.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: As a child, he wanted Katakuri to hide his mouth so his brother could make friends. Katakuri eventually relented, but it came at the cost of their sister Brûlée being attacked and horribly scarred by a group of bullies.
- Big Brother Instinct: He angrily commands a fleeing Luffy to unhand Brûlée as he tries to retrieve his sister with his candy powers. Justified, as he was the sibling who found Brûlée after she was horribly scarred by Katakuri's bullies as a kid.
- Bright Is Not Good: His outfit is very brightly colored, but he is an evil Minister working for Big Mom and a cannibal who eats people after turning them into candy.
- Butt-Monkey: Downplayed. In Wano Perospero gets knocked aside multiple times. From getting knocked down the waterfall with the rest of the family to getting waylayed by Wanda and Carrot at the entrance of Onigashima or acidently knocked aside by Queen's tail when Sanji comes to Choppers rescue. Despite this, Perospero is still treated as a major threat and, while he generally fights behind someone else's back, he puts first Marco and then Chopper and Sanji in perils because he distracts them from their respective fighters.
- Catch-22 Dilemma: After he's forced to leave Big Mom to get his injury treated. He tells Mont-D-Or that there's nothing he can do to stop Big Mom from eating the cake and will result in on of three outcomes. 1) The cake is poisoned and she dies from it, leaving their leader and mother dead and ending the Big Mom Pirates. 2) It isn't poisoned, but she doesn't like it and will continue her rampage which will cause their territory fall (and, considered how skinny Big Mom is now, she'll likely burn out from hunger and exhaustion) which again will be the end of their crew or 3) It isn't poisoned, she'll like the cake and cease her rampage completely, which he considers will be nothing short of a miracle. Fortunately for everyone in his family, the cake tasted extremely delicious, which was exactly how Big Mom expects it to. Unfortunately for the Straw Hats, that won't stop Big Mom from going after them still, now with the intent of stealing Luffy's soul and making new powerful Homies with it.
- Cold Sniper: Perospero can make a bow with his candy powers, and he nearly shoots Marco using it while he is rendered helpless by Big Mom. He also uses his bow to indiscriminately hail candy arrows over the combatants fighting in Onigashima.
- Determinator: Perospero can be very vindicative, especially when his pride is involved. Even after Pedro blows himself up and destroys one of Perospero arms, the latter keeps chasing the Straw Hats along with Linlin, until he suffers from an infection for not having treated his wounds. In the Wano arc, Despite having fallen over Wano's waterfall twice, courtesy of King and Marco, Perospero doesn't give up and, without the rest of the Big Mom Pirates, goes to Onigashima to get his revenge, while muttering that he doesn't approve of Big Mom's alliance with Kaido.
- Didn't See That Coming:
- Perospero cannot predict Pedro coming at him while covered in explosives, intending to take him out with a suicide attack.
- Perospero doesn't the still hungry and rampaging Big Mom making a complete detour to Nuts Island in search for her desired wedding cake. Thus, he and his sister Amande desperately try to stop Big Mom from completely destroying Nuts Island.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: As a child, he's shown to be greatly distraught after he and Katakuri learn their younger sister Brûlée was violently scarred in the face by Katakuri's bullies.
- Evil Gloating: Despite being very cunning and sharp, because of his arrogance, Perospero often loses the chance to kill his enemies. Perospero holds off on killing the Vinsmoke Family just so he can brag to Judge about how he's got them dead-to-rights, until before Big Mom's scream takes him and the other executors down, and the Straw Hats (who have ear protection) manage to save them. Perospero loses an arm from Pedro's sacrifice because he doesn't immediately finish him off when given the chance, and gets defeated by Cat Viper because of his need to taunt his foe, he brought about his defeat by his own arrogance.
- Evil Laugh: His Signature Laugh, "Kukukuku".
- Expy: Perospero is an evil version of Willy Wonka. Both of their occupations and themes revolve entirely around sweets, and are creators of candy-making factories. Both also wear Nice Hats and are sharply dressed.
- Facial Horror: Gets slashed by attacks from both Carrot's claws and Wanda's sword, leaving him with an incredibly bloodied face.
- Fatal Flaw: Perospero's biggest flaw is his pride. Because of the Big Mom Pirates' status as a Emperor's crew, Perospero constantly underestimates his foes (even the ones with impressive reputations of their own) and refuses to take them seriously, which usually bites him in the ass later. His constant need to belittle his enemies is arguably the biggest flaw. Rather than just kill his enemies when he has the chance, he would rather sadistically taunt them and make them suffer as much as possible instead of just finishing them off while having the chance. Katakuri even calls him out on this. When Perospero has the Vinsmokes trapped, rather than just shoot them like Katakuri told him to do, he drags it out just to mock them, which allows them all to escape thanks to Luffy, and Perspero gets decked in the jaw by Ichiji. When he defeats Chopper and Brook, he coats them in candy and gives them three minutes until they die just to make them suffer, which allows Pedro to attack him to save them. Even when Perospero has him pinned down, he brags about his bounty and how foolish they were for fighting them which allows Pedro the time to trap the eldest Charlotte son and blow himself up,seriously injuring Perospero and costing him his right arm. On Onigashima, despite having Cat Viper dead to rights, rather than finishing him off he gloats that his luck was better than the Mink's due to the moon disappearing behind the clouds and removing Cat Viper's [[Super Mode Sulong form]], only for the Mink Duke to return to Sulong form moments later thanks to Luffy and Kaido's clash, resulting in Cat Viper getting a second wind and clawing through Perospero, finally defeating him.
- Femme Fatalons: While male, Perospero sports classically evil long and darkly-coloured nails, enhancing his appearance of an evil sorcerer.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Like his younger brother Cracker's Devil Fruit, Perospero's ability to produce candy at will may not seem threatening, but he uses it to create a vast array of objects and devices such as a laboratory, escalator, and an iron maiden, and more terrifyingly, allows him to encase and even completely convert captured victims into edible candyfor him to consume. He also favors crafting weapons out of candy, such as a bow with a nigh-endless supply of arrows, and a humongous battle axe.
- Hidden Depths: He and a few other siblings know what Katakuri's truly like underneath the stoic facade he puts on, having grown up with him as kids. While he tolerated Katakuri's eating habits, he did try encourage him to make friends, which Katakuri rebuffed.
- High Collar of Doom: Perospero's coat has a high collar that's reminiscent of a candy wrapper. He's also a supporter of his mother Big Mom, and while his candy-themed power by itself isn't evil, his use for it regarding people is.
- Humiliation Conga: During the battle at Onigashima, Perospero ends up suffering from Amusing Injuries left to right. First when he tries to shoot Marco with a Candy Arrow, only to get his face slashed by Carrot and Wanda. Second, when Sanji kicks Queen in his Brachiosaurus form, not only does it cause Queen's neck to spin around blocking Perospero's barrage of Candy Arrows, but Perospero ends up getting hit by Queen as collateral damage. Third, after recovering, he tries to aim for Sanji, only to be stopped by Cat Viper looking to avenge Pedro's death.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Perospero's Devil Fruit power allows him to turn people into candy and eat them. He threatens Caesar Clown with this fate if he doesn't produce the giantification formula for Big Mom in two weeks. He also attempts to turn Chopper and Brook into candies as well.
- Informed Ability: In Chapter 878, after narrowly surviving Pedro's suicide bombing, Perospero mentions that the explosion completely shattered his candy armor. Before this, it was never revealed that he could even do this, nor is it shown afterwards, aside from the fact that he replaced his right arm with one made of candy.
- It's Personal:
- After Pedro blows his arm off, taking out the Straw Hats goes from simply a mission objective to a vengeful desire to see them captured and tortured.
- He holds a grudge against Sanji for not dying during the wedding and letting them kill him and his family to get their cloning technolegy, blaming him for the reason they had to ally with the Beast Pirates all because he defied them despite the fact they blackmailed him into attending and were going to kill them all regardless.
- Jerkass: While he's not entirely devoid of redeeming features, such as showing genuine care for his siblings, Perospero is one of the least sympathetic antagonists in Whole Cake Island, a cruel, manipulative, and arrogant creep who keeps having his plans derailed by his own sadism and overconfidence.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch:
- Perospero taunting a crying man with his imminent death at the hands of Big Mom's crew would normally qualify as a Kick the Dog moment... if said man wasn't Vinsmoke Judge.
- He ends up on the receiving end when Pedro blows himself up. It doesn't work, although it does cause him to lose an arm.
- Lean and Mean: Perospero is a skinny and tall guy who can turn people into candy and eat them.
- Little Big Brother: Even though he's pretty tall himself and is the eldest child in the family, some of his younger siblings (like Katakuri, Smoothie, Daifuku, Oven, etc) tower over him.
- Logical Weakness: Everything he creates can be rock-hard, but at the end it's just candy. Heating it up will melt the candy, so fire can be extremely effective against him.
- Long-Range Fighter: While he's not too weak physically, Perospero's Lick-Lick Fruit makes him more suited for long range attacks, such as giant waves of candies or fabricating candy bows.
- Made of Iron: Despite his lanky frame, he's every bit as tough as you'd expect a 700,000,000 berry bounty to be — he tanks Super Soldier Vinsmoke Ichiji's punches and suffers little more than a small bruise on his cheek. Most notably though, he survived Pedro's massive suicide explosion and, despite losing his arm, retained his consciousness and got back up on his feet. Still, it all catches up with him later on, and ignoring his injuries eventually leaves him unable to continue.
- Major Injury Underreaction: He takes the loss of his right arm pretty well all things considered, only getting angry at the thought of his new candy prosthetic melting whenever he tries to drink tea, rather than the injury itself. Later on, however, he pays for it dearly, having to walk out of the fight's climax because he couldn't ignore the wounds anymore.
- Maniac Tongue: Perospero was seen in his debut licking a candy cane with his long tongue hanging out of his mouth while sporting a sick, insane look on his face. He also can turn people into candy and eat them. Even as a child, he already had a very long tongue.
- Mundane Utility: Perospero's candy powers are great to get rid of nuisances, as well as create large structures which are then reinforced with iron. They can also be used to decorate cream puffs, and make a working escalator.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: He's very skinny, yet can take a punch from Vinsmoke Ichiji with merely a bruise, and subdue Pedro with ease.
- Oh, Crap!:
- He has a big one when he realizes that Pedro is going to do a Heroic Sacrifice.
- He gets another at the end of his fight with Cat Viper when the moon becomes visible again due to Luffy and Kaido's clash of Conqueror Haki, allowing the Mink captain to regain his Sulong form to end the battle. And this was after Pero gloated he had better luck than him.
- Overly Long Tongue: Perospero's tongue is very long by human standards. It allows him to lick big candy.
- Personality Powers: Of course, his favorite food is candy (except for peppermint candy) and has the power to create and manipulate candy.
- Pet the Dog: He gives out lollipops to kids on Whole Cake Island and offers to let Brook and Chopper simply depart in their Shark Submarine after he believes their captain has been killed.
- Properly Paranoid: When he learns the new wedding cake to stop Big Mom's rampage has been loaded onto Bege's ship, he attempts to lead it away from her for fear it might be poisoned. Although it really wasn't, Perospero was rightfully worried anyway, as Bege did intend to poison the cake; the only reason he didn't is because Sanji adamantly refused to let it happen.
- Punny Name: Perospero's name is both based on the Japanese onomatopoeia for licking, "Pero pero" (his Devil Fruit's Japanese name is also Pero Pero no Mi), and an allusion to Prospero, a magician from Shakespeare's play The Tempest.
- Reality Ensues: The injury he got from Pedro finally starts affecting him after the prolonged chase against the Straw Hats. So much so he ultimately has to leave Big Mom to be treated, helpless to stop her from eating Sanji's wedding cake, which he thinks has been poisoned. Also, replacing his recently severed arm with candy doesn't count as first-aid and will make infection even more likely.
- Sadist: Perospero loves to watch his prey squirm, while throwing in some Evil Gloating into the mix. It later bites him in the ass when he gloats for too long despite Katakuri's orders to just shoot the Vinsmokes already, giving the Straw Hat-Firetank Pirate Alliance enough time to save the Vinsmokes from certain death.
- Sadistic Choice: From his viewpoint, he thinks the cake Sanji made is poisoned, but can't do anything to stop Big Mom from eating it. If they destroy it, Big Mom's rampage goes on unchecked with them being unable to stop her and that'll be the end of their territory. If they let her eat it and it is poisoned, then their leader is gone and the Big Mom Pirates will be finished regardless.
- Serious Business: Perospero's reason for have a beef with the Straw Hats after he loses his arm has a lot to do with him being mad his candy substitute arm will remind him of his disgrace every time he's holding his favorite cup of black tea and the heat makes it start to melt.
- Shared Family Quirks: Perospero shares his mother's love for sweets, if his habit of licking and candy powers are of indication.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Perospero's outfit is reminiscent of this despite it making him look like an utter whackjob. He's also quite affable to those who are not his enemies.
- Shoulder Teammate: Being very small compared to Big Mom, he accompanies her by sitting on her shoulder as she tears off for the Straw Hats by using his candy powers so Big Mom could walk on water after the Thousand Sunny.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: His name, is a pun of Prospero, a character from William Shakespeare's The Tempest.
- The Starscream: During the Wano Arc after his mother is knocked off their ship because of an attack from King, one of Kaido's Calamities, Perospero says if she is dead, they will be renamed the Perospero Pirates.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Perospero's name is a pun of "pero pero" (Japanese sound for licking). He is a Devil Fruit user who eats candy by licking them and can turn people into candy.
- Tempting Fate: During his battle with Cat Viper, the moon ends up covered due to Kadio's dragon power causing clouds to cover the moon. This causes Cat Viper to lose his Sulong form and Perospero to gain the advantage and knock him down. Pero gloats that he has better luck than him, until Luffy and Kaido's clash of Emperor Haki split the sky and allow the moon to become visible again. Cat Viper regains his Sulong form to Perospero's shock before Cat Viper proceed to finish him and end the battle.
- This Is Gonna Suck: His general attitude when relaying the fact he's out of the fight due to his injuries, and Big Mom has found the cake he believes is poisoned and probably not tasty enough to calm her down, anyways. While he isn't freaking out in any manner, nor despairing, he clearly believes they're all screwed and tells his siblings to brace themselves for the worst.
- Verbal Tic: Sometimes ends the sentences with "Peroin♪!". Especially when he's confident.
- Villain Ball: Despite having most of the Vinsmoke family at gunpoint, and even being urged by Katakuri to hurry and shoot them already, Perospero decides to simply keep mocking them, giving enough time for the Straw Hats to set off Big Mom's paralyzing scream.
- Villainous Glutton: Perospero shares his mother's love for sweets and enjoys licking candies. And he can turn humans into candy by his powers, so he's basically a cannibal.
- Villain Has a Point: During the Wano arc, he's confronted by Carrot and Wanda for the death of Pedro. After they knock him down, he complains that Pedro was the one to blow himself up while all Perospero did before that point was just use his candy powers to hold the Thousand Sunny in place. He wasn't even trying to aim for Pedro (though granted, he was still trying to aid in killing the Straw Hats, but still....).
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: During their fight, Linlin catches Marco and orders Perospero, who has Marco at bowpoint, to finish him off. Rather than immediately shooting Marco, he says how much he has savored the idea of killing him, allowing Carrot and Wanda to slash Perospero's face and save Marco.
- The Wonka: Perospero is essentially a walking Willy Wonka reference. The way he greets and behaves in front of the more important visitors, complete with colorful and magical-like candy stair, really resembles Wonka. For the most part, however, despite being an obvious reference to the Trope Namer, is averted, since his personality doesn't fit at all.
- You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me!: When the Big Mom Pirates make it up a second waterfall, this time after their mother has made the Pirate Alliance with Kaido, they see a flying shape at the top... only this time, it's Marco. And after he knocks their ship down the waterfall — again — Perospero screams this as they're falling.
- Youngest Child Wins: Inverted. After Big Mom falls from the boat, some of her children are afraid she might be dead. Perospero claims that, if that's the case, he will be the new captain because he's the oldest child, despite the others preferring Katakuri as new captain.
Voiced by:Mami Kingetsu
Debut: Chapter 860 (Manga), Episode 830 (Anime)
The eldest daughter and 2nd child of the Charlotte Family, Compote also serves as Totto Land's Minister of Fruits.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: She is the Minister of Fruit who wears a very lavish hat that resembles a trifle cup full of stacked fruits. As revealed in the anime, her dress is also lined with two rows of oranges at the bottom.
- Edible Theme Naming: Compote is named after a fruit dessert.
- Fat Bastard: She's very overweight and a loyal subordinate to Big Mom.
- Gonk: Like Big Mom herself. She's quite overweight and has an unattractive face.
- Informed Attribute: She's described as being on the same level of strength as the Sweet Generals, but we've yet to see her fight. At the very least she does seems to have a strong will, being able to withstand Big Mom's Conqueror's Haki and remain conscious from her loud screams.
- Little Big Brother: Even though she is tall herself, many of her younger siblings tower over her.
- Nice Hat: She wears a huge bowl of fruit parfait for a hat, and it's stacked with fruit of all kinds.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Her mother's spitting image in all but hat, hair color, and clothes.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Implied to be fruits, as she reacted with joy to a wedding guest giving her a grape.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has teal (blue-green) hair.
Voiced by: Shunsuke Sakuya
Debut: Chapter 861 (Manga), Episode 826 (Anime)
Devil Fruit:Puff-Puff Fruit
"You screwed up, you useless klutz!! The plan goes nowhere unless he dies! You had your chance, and you failed in the moment! You're done here!!"
The 3rd son and 4th child of the Charlotte Family, Daifuku is the middle brother in a set of triplets between Katakuri and Oven. He is Totto Land's Minister of Beans, and has eaten the Puff-Puff Fruit (Hoya Hoya no Mi), a Paramecia that allows him to summon a powerful halberd-wielding genie by rubbing his body like a lamp.
He has a bounty of 300,000,000 berries.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: Both he and Oven appear around the same time Katakuri makes his chapter debut, at the opening of the Tea Party, stomping out all of Jigra's allies. In the manga, they wouldn't appear until a chapter later.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Clearly believes in this, as when Big Mom is thought to be captured by Kaido, Daifuku contests Perospero's birthright claim to position as captain of the crew, claiming that Katakuri, as the strongest of Big Mom's children, should obviously be the first choice for captain.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: While his genie's normal size is already huge, it can grow to massive proportions rivaling or even exceeding Big Mom herself.
- Badass Armfold: When Daifuku is given a proper introduction again after the tea party, he stands with his arms crossed and a confident smirk on his face.
- Badass Cape: Has a small (for him, at least) but still impressive cape that makes him appear even more imposing.
- Bald of Evil: Daifuku's head is completely shorn, and he's a loyal son and Minister to Big Mom.
- Big Little Brother: Just like his fellow triplets (Katakuri and Oven), he stands over their older siblings, Perospero and Compote.
- The Brute: Shares this position with Oven. The two of them are ruthless bruisers, with Daifuku using a muscular genie that can grow to titanic sizes to hunt down and beat enemies into submission.
- Evil Counterpart: Daifuku is a short-tempered Devil Fruit user, whose main power relies on having a very strong genie fight for him. The calm and collected Zoro uses nothing but swords and Haki to defeat his enemies.
- Evil Sounds Deep: In the anime, his voice is low and ragged, just above a hiss. This accentuates his cold and disdainful demeanor.
- Family Theme Naming: He and his triplet brothers Katakuri and Oven are named after things that could have food put inside. "Daifuku" is a type of mochi that has a sweet food filling.
- Fur and Loathing: His large coat is thickly lined with fur, and Daifuku is a brutal, short-tempered man with hate for failure which not even his younger siblings are safe from.
- Genie in a Bottle: Daifuku ate the Puff-Puff Fruit that turns him into a walking genie's lamp; he can summon a powerful, dark-skinned genie to fight for him by rubbing any part of his body.
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: He has a short mustache, and is part of the Charlotte Family who antagonizes the Straw Hats.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Daifuku seems to possess a notably angry personality, as he harshly berated and even slapped his sister Pudding for failing to kill Sanji, which he then attempts to do himself. Even one of his genie's attacks, Maji Giren, sounds rather close to a Japanese phrase for "seriously pissed off". His rash decision to send his genie after a transformed Carrot ends up neutralizing almost his own entire fleet, rendering them sitting ducks.
- Hidden Depths: He and a few other siblings know what Katakuri's truly like under the stoic facade he puts on, having grown up with him as kids. In a flashback, he and Oven were seen laughing as they watched Katakuri stuff his mouth with donuts.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: After Carrot rips off his ship's helm, a pissed-off Daifuku sends his genie on a rampage after her. The genie pays so little regard to its surroundings while hunting her that it ends up destroying and neutralizing much of Daifuku's fleet in the process. Even Daifuku's siblings immediately recognize how stupid his decision was.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Averted. Despite Daifuku being the middle-born of male triplets, he looks nothing like his brothers, Oven and Katakuri. The only thing they all share is their ginormous heights.
- Large and in Charge: While he's the shortest of his triplet brothers at 489 cm/16'0.5" (Katakuri is 509 cm/16'8" and Oven is 492 cm/16'1"), Daifuku is still extremely large by human standards. By comparison, Pudding is slightly taller than his kneecaps. He's also one of the oldest children of Big Mom, giving him a lot of authority in the crew, and is the Minister of Beans.
- Lightning Bruiser: Daifuku's genie is fast and strong enough to match Sanji, a formidable fighter in his own right, and can even make itself bigger to increase it's power further. The anime also shows it can dodge attacks by dissolving back into smoke and reforming when it needs to dodge attacks, making it even harder to hit.
- Mundane Utility: In his anime debut, he releases his physical powerhouse of a genie servant to... open the front door of the Whole Cake Chateau, rather than waiting an extra few moments for it to be opened for him.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: After Carrot breaks off the helm of Daifuku's ship, he decides to send his genie after her. The end result is Carrot being unharmed, while Daifuku's fleet suffers heavy damage and is unable to go after the Thousand Sunny.
- Our Genies Are Different: In Daifuku's case, he is not a genie, but the genie's lamp, and by rubbing his own body can summon a genie to fight for him. So far the genie has shown immense strength, but no magical ability.
- Perpetual Frowner: Very rarely does he carry any expression on his face beyond pure contempt.
- Polar Opposite Twins: He and Oven are the opposite of their older triplet brother, Katakuri, being Hot-Blooded to his calculated personality.
- Powers Do the Fighting: So far in the story he hasn't bothered getting his own hands dirty, always relying on his genie. The sole exception is slapping Pudding for not coming through with her part of the plan.
- Rousing Speech: Oda states he's particularly talented at working his crew up into a frenzied force with impassioned words.
- Same-Sex Triplets: Averted. Despite being the middle-born of male triplets, with Katakuri and Oven being his older and younger brothers, respectively, they don't really look alike at all. Hell, Daifuku looks like he could be older than Katakuri! The only thing they share is their large heights.
- Shoulders of Doom: His fur coat includes a pair of massive shoulder pads, possibly meant to resemble his namesake food, daifuku mochi.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Katakuri, his triplet (along with Oven). Whereas Katakuri is a cool-headed man with an extremely protective instinct for his siblings, Daifuku is quick to anger and has no compunctions punishing his sister for failure with a slap.
- Smug Super: Shares his family's douchey confidence in their great collective strength. His default expression, when he's not looking perpetually pissed off, is that of condescending arrogance.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Daifuku is named after a type of mochi that has sweet bean fillings. Fittingly, Daifuku's "filling" is the genie created by the Devil Fruit he ate. It resides in his body and can only be summoned if he rubs himself like a genie's lamp.
- Summon Magic: His ability allows him to produce a genie from himself, one strong enough to fight and even brutalize Sanji.
- Terrible Trio: With Katakuri and Oven by virtue of being fraternal triplets. Their first fight together in the anime was against Jigra and his allies, which was an expanded scene on Katakuri's assassination of Jigra.
- Tiny-Headed Behemoth: The man's goddamn huge, and his head is pretty tiny even when he's on-model; when losing detail in the background it can get silly.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Similarly to Franky's body post-Time Skip, Daifuku has a large torso and an equally large pair of shoulders, but really skinny legs.
- The Worf Effect: When Daifuku sent his genie after Carrot the first time, it easily captured Carrot and she had to be rescued by Yonji. However, when he sends it after Carrot while she's powered up, she easily avoids the genie's attacks and causes it to damage Daifuku's fleet instead.
- Would Hit a Girl: Daifuku slaps his little sister Pudding away despite her pleas to be given another chance after she fails to kill Sanji as planned, and attempts to do it himself.
- You Have Failed Me: Non-fatal example. He berates Pudding by calling her a "good-for-nothing" for failing to kill Sanji, and then slaps Pudding away when she pleads for a second chance so he can finish Sanji off himself.
Voiced by: Masafumi Kimura
Debut: Chapter 861 (Manga), Episode 827 (Anime)
Devil Fruit:Heat-Heat Fruit
"All those who defied Mama shall be burned to death!"
The 4th son and 5th child of the Charlotte Family, Oven is the youngest in a set of triplets, his older brothers being Katakuri and Daifuku. He is Totto Land's Minister of Baking, and has eaten the Heat-Heat Fruit (Netsu Netsu no Mi), a Paramecia that allows him to heat up his body.
He has a bounty of 300,000,000 berries.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: Like Katakuri, both he and Daifuku appear way earlier in the anime. In the manga, they don't appear until a chapter after Katakuri's debut (Chapter 860).
- Anime Hair: He has his hair shaped like an anchor, as if he was born with an anchor for a head with a human face on it. On the other hand, his hair shape could alternatively be seen as a flame, which considering his powers and job is extremely appropriate.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: As the Minister of Baking, Oven's orange hair is in the shape of a flame and both that and his orange cape darken whenever he uses his heat powers. His gloves even resemble protective oven mitts. And on a more literal note, he shows up at the bakery where Pudding, Sanji, and company are making a new wedding cake, which also has an oven with an army ready to intercept the Straw Hats when they rendezvous at Cocoa Island.
- Badass Beard: Has a small one, but it doesn't detract from his badassery.
- Badass Cape: Wears a bright orange one that, appropriate to his name, darkens in color whenever he uses his heat-based powers.
- Beard of Evil: Has a small, spiky beard, and is a loyal Minister and son of Big Mom.
- Big Little Brother: Just like his fellow triplets (Katakuri and Daifuku), he stands over their older siblings, Perospero and Compote.
- Blade on a Stick: Oven uses a large glaive that he can heat up with his powers to make it a Flaming Sword.
- The Brute: Shares this position with Daifuku. The two of them are ruthless bruisers, with Oven relying primarily on using Devil Fruit-powered punches to mercilessly beat down his opponents.
- Burning with Anger: Courtesy of his Devil Fruit, his fists erupt into fiery plumes when he's angry, as seen when he confronts Chiffon over what he views as her grave treachery, and also when dealing with Pound.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to his younger sister, Chiffon, who is the Abel. He beats up and tries to kill Chiffon for supporting Bege's assassionation attempt on Big Mom, which makes Chiffon a traitor in Oven's eyes, and so he wants to makes an example of her to Totto Land. He is stopped by first a disguised Sanji, who kicks him in the face, then by Bege himself, who fires an explosive round at him from far away.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: His, Katakuri, and Daifuku's fight against Jigra and his allies in Episode 830 was hardly a "fight". To rub it in further, Oven even burns a footprint into the back of a downed man after everyone's out, saying that he should "know [your] place, loser!"
- Evil Counterpart: Oven and Sanji both use fire, but Sanji only attacks with his feet and legs, because Zeff taught him never to use his hands in a fight. Oven, however, does; while it fits with his name and theme of oven-baked foods, Oven's use of hands is anathema to a cook, because it puts the hands at risk. When Oven tried to fire-punch Chiffon and Pound, Sanji sends him flying straight into a wall with one powerful kick.
- Family Theme Naming: He and his triplet brothers Katakuri and Oven are named after things that could have food put inside. "Oven" is a kitchen appliance that bakes whatever is put inside its chambers.
- Fiery Redhead: Sort of; his otherwise orange hair has a "fire" gradient, becoming red the further it goes up. That being said, he can be interpreted as a literal example, since he has heat powers and a matching temper.
- Heat Vision: One of the abilities granted by his Devil Fruit allows him to heat things up simply by looking at them. He can use this for example to set weapons held by others on fire which causes them to drop said weapons.
- Hidden Depths: He and a few other siblings know what Katakuri's truly like under the stoic facade he puts on, having grown up with him as kids. In a flashback, he and Daifuku were seen laughing as they watched Katakuri stuff his mouth with donuts.
- High Collar of Doom: His cape has a standing collar, and he's a loyal son of Big Mom who is one of Totto Land's many Ministers.
- Honor Before Reason: He states that he doesn't want to kill his own sister, but she is a traitor and the law is the law.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Averted. Despite Oven being the youngest of male triplets, he looks nothing like his older brothers, Daifuku and Katakuri. The only thing they all share is their ginormous heights.
- I Have Your Wife: Literally. Oven kidnapped Chiffon and held her hostage so he could kill two birds with one stone — punishing the traitors who tried to kill Big Mom and anyone who helped them. Despite Chiffon's pleas for Bege to abandon her, Bege saved his wife anyway by pulling a bluff and firing an explosive round at Oven's face.
- Kill It with Fire: He tries to kill Chiffon with his heating powers because she supported Bege's assassination attempt on Big Mom. Fortunately, both a disguised Sanji and Bege himself save her.
- Large and in Charge: Just like his older triplet brothers, Daifuku and Katakuri, Oven is extremely large — his height was listed in an SBS issue as 492 centimeters (16'1"). A panel in Chapter 884 compared him to the people of Cacao Island when he visited, depicting him as an utter giant. That being said, he is a badass son of Big Mom much like his brothers, Katakuri in particular, and he's also a Minister.
- Made of Iron: Oven can take Sanji's powerful kicks and an explosive round to the face from Bege, and comes out of both incidents with nothing but bloody bruises. He even walks off being run over by Capone's ship and taking a club to the back of the head so hard it broke in half on impact. And getting a hole blasted through his chest by Ichiji barely slows him down. According to Oda, Oven has the sturdiest body of the entire Charlotte family.
- Make an Example of Them: Oven wants to kill Chiffon for supporting Bege's plans to kill Big Mom, so she can serve as an example of what happens to those who betray Big Mom. He fails, thanks to Sanji and Bege's interference.
- Moral Myopia: Has no problem killing Pound, his step-father, but when Pound attacks him back, Oven complains about the audacity of him trying to kill his step-son.
- No-Sell: In the anime, being trapped in chains by Jigra's allies have no effect on him, because he could just burn himself out.
- Older Than They Look: An SBS issue reveals that Oven is 48-years-old, along with his triplet brothers Daifuku and Katakuri. Despite this, Oven looks like he's in his 30s or younger.
- Personality Powers: As the holder of the Heat-Heat Fruit, Oven is more likely to punch first instead of approaching things strategically. As stated in Revenge Before Reason below, he basically went on a rampage just to capture his own sister, Chiffon, who Oven deemed a "traitor" for being involved in Bege's plans, not even caring if his actions would lead to Big Mom destroying Totto Land, the cake she wanted that was being made by Pudding being ruined, or the fact that one of his siblings who wanted to calm Big Mom down would die as collateral damage as the result of his actions.
- Playing with Fire: Of a sort. His Devil Fruit allows him to radiate heat and make anything he touches extremely hot, as if they had been just taken out of the oven — case in point, Pedro tried attacking him with his sword and wound up scalding his hand badly because his sword overheated from touching Oven. Basically, it's similar to the anime-only Hot-Hot Fruit eaten by Don Achino.
- Polar Opposite Twins: He and Daifuku are the opposite of their older triplet brother, Katakuri, being Hot-Blooded to his calculated personality.
- Revenge Before Reason: He tries to kill Chiffon despite Pudding protesting that she needs their sister's help to complete the cake that they need to keep Big Mom from laying waste to Totto Land. When Bege rescues Chiffon and they head out to sea, Oven starts to boil the ocean to kill them. That this would also kill Pudding and destroy the parts of the cake she had already made doesn't seem to matter to him.
- Sadistic Choice: Subjects Bege to one with the kidnapping of Chiffon — if Bege tries to rescue Chiffon, everyone will be killed, making the rescue utterly pointless. On the other hand, if Bege abandons her (as Chiffon told him to), Chiffon will die, leaving his son Pez without a mother. So Bege pretends to surrender and blasts Oven in the face with an explosive round, saving Chiffon from a traitor's execution.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: With Katakuri, his triplet (along with Daifuku). Whereas Katakuri is a cool-headed man with an extremely protective instinct for his siblings, Oven is quick to anger (with fire powers as a bonus), and has no compunctions punishing his sister for betrayal with a traitor's execution.
- Smug Super: Much like most his family. In the anime, he even makes it a point to burn a footprint into one of Jigra's downed allies, advising him to "know [your] place".
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Is named "Oven", and he is the Minister of Baking who has the power to heat up anything he touches.
- Super Toughness: Oda states of all the Charlotte siblings, Oven's natural durability is the highest, which is why he is capable of walking off such things as being shot in the face, run over by a ship, and clubbed in the head.
- Terrible Trio: With Katakuri and Daifuku by virtue of being fraternal triplets. Their first fight together in the anime was against Jigra and his allies, which was an expanded scene on Katakuri's assassination of Jigra.
- There Was a Door: In his anime debut, while technically "using" the entrance, he chooses to simply walk through it by melting it with his Devil Fruit powers rather than waiting for it to be opened.
- Tranquil Fury: Interestingly, his anger with Chiffon and Pound is the opposite of tranquil, with him throwing punches and occasionally yelling. However, he turns to this after he takes a cannon blast to the face from Capone Bege, which pushes him to his boiling point where he wears only a very angry Death Glare.
- Underestimating Badassery: Oven clearly didn't think Bege would be pragmatic enough to pull a bluff and blast the shit out of him, all to save his kidnapped wife from a traitor's execution.
- Villain Ball: His attempts to destroy Bege's vessel that was carrying the replacement wedding cake for Big Mom. Had it been destroyed, her hunger might not be sated and her wrath at losing another cake could have led her to destroy the whole kingdom.
- Visual Pun
Man piece big one
Mom bought kvass and non-alcoholic beer and we went. We went in, undressed. Mom was wearing a new swimsuit.One Piece Shanks vs blackbeard , shanks epic entrance
You smell delicious, she said. Armani, he said proudly. - Balda, - she said, - Armani has nothing to do with it. What did you say when I… He hesitated.
- Stanley portable clamping table
- Tv turning off sound
- Forged in fire meaning
- Uncg degree works
- Bundles wholesale vendors
- Water dispenser sams club
Under a translucent peignoir, a bustier was visible, combining the advantages of a corset and a bra at the same time. With suspenders for stockings. It perfectly supported her breasts, accentuated her waist, making the woman terribly sexy, and the black stockings drove me crazy. Yes, this garment made her seductively desirable, forcing something to move inside her abdomen and for the first time a secret.
Passion to be alone with her appeared.