I have three Benq GW2765 monitors which periodically report “No Signal Detected” for DisplayPort even when the computer it’s attached to recognises the monitor is present (displaying it in the monitors/displays list etc). Changing the DisplayPort cable or plugging it into a different computer doesn’t help (I tried with both Mac OS X and Linux/Fedora machines), but HDMI and D-Sub connections work perfectly (but can’t support the full screen resolution). I can even disconnect a cable from a working monitor, plug it into a non-working monitor and it will continue to complain about no signal, but plug the cable back into the working monitor and it carries on working fine.
The solution turns out to be quite simple – unplug it, wait for the power indicator light to turn off and turn it back on. It will then detect the DisplayPort signal correctly. Unplugging the DisplayPort cable and plugging it back in will not help, nor will turning the monitor off with it’s power button. Briefly disconnecting the power cable and reconnecting it isn’t enough, you have to wait 5-10 seconds for the power indicator light to turn off.
Naturally that means that you can do all kinds of due diligence testing at home before deciding it’s a hardware problem and returning it to the shop. When you get to the shop it will work perfectly because it’s been unplugged on the car trip.
So that was fun…
January 9, 2017 at 11:15 am
Adrian SuttonSours: https://www.symphonious.net/2017/01/09/benq-gw2765-monitor-display-port-no-signal-detected/
How to Fix HDMI No Signal Issue
If you’re getting TV or monitor no signal issues when you connect them to your PC via HDMI ports, don’t worry. You’re not alone. Many users have reported this issue. You can fix it with one of the solutions in this article.
The No Signal message means that the TV or monitor isn’t getting any input from the currently selected source. There are five solutions to try to fix the issue. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
- Switch the Input source
- Enable HDMI connection
- Update the chipset drivers and graphics drivers
- Try unplugging then plugging the power cable of the TV or monitor
- Disconnect all HDMI sources then reconnect them one at a time
- Try a factory reset on the TV/monitor
Solution 1: Switch the Input source
Press the Input or Source button on your Remote to switch the input source to the HDMI port. If you have more than one HDMI port, ensure to select the right HDMI port.
Solution 2: Enable the HDMI connection setting
If you want to connect your Android phone or tablet to the TV, make sure the HDMI connection setting is enabled on your device. To do it, go to Settings > Display Entries > HDMI connection.
If the HDMI connection setting is disabled, enable it. If you couldn’t find the setting, then move on and try the fixes below.
Solution 3: Update the chipset drivers and graphics drivers
The problem can be caused by faulty chipset drivers and graphics drivers. Try to update the drivers and see if the problem resolves. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click theScan Nowbutton. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to a flagged driver (the chipset driver or graphics driver) to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or clickUpdate All to automatically download and install the correct version ofallthe drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Solution 4: Try unplugging then plugging the power cable of the TV or monitor
Try unplugging the power cable of the TV or monitor for a few seconds then plug it back in. This may work like a charm for you.
Solution 5: Disconnect all HDMI sources then reconnect them one at a time
If you have more than one HDMI source connected, this solution may work for you. If you have only one HDMI source connected, skip this solution.
Follow these steps:
1) Unplug all TV/monitor from the HDMI ports.
2) Unplug the power cable from the TV or monitor for about 10 minutes.
3) Plug the power cable back in the TV or monitor.
4) Plug one device to one HDMI port of your PC.
5) Turn on the device.
6) Repeat steps 4-5 for each device and HDMI port.
Solution 6: Try a factory reset on the TV/monitor
The final solution you can try is performing a factory reset on the TV/monitor.
Hope the solutions help you fix the HDMI no signal issue.
230 people found this helpful
Table of Contents
Why does my monitor say no HDMI signal?
If you’re getting TV or monitor no signal issues when you connect them to your PC via HDMI ports, don’t worry. The No Signal message means that the TV or monitor isn’t getting any input from the currently selected source.
How do I turn on my HDMI on my Benq monitor?
ZOWIE RL2455 – Press a button other than power to bring up the input selection on your RL2455. You may have to press it twice – once to bring the monitor out of sleep, and a second time to bring up the input selection. – Then you will simply press the button that indicates HDMI.
How do you fix a monitor that has no signal detected?
- Turn off your computer.
- Unplug the cable running from your monitor to your PC and plug it back in, making sure the connection is firm.
- Reattach the cable running from your monitor to your PC.
- Replace your monitor with another monitor if possible.
- Open your PC case and locate your video card.
How do I fix my Benq monitor no signal detected?
The solution turns out to be quite simple – unplug it, wait for the power indicator light to turn off and turn it back on. It will then detect the DisplayPort signal correctly. Unplugging the DisplayPort cable and plugging it back in will not help, nor will turning the monitor off with it’s power button….
How do I enable multiple monitors in BIOS?
- Restart your computer.
- At the Dell logo, tap F2 until the message Entering Setup Appears.
- Select Advance Setup.
- Scroll down to Onboard Device Configuration and press Enter.
- Scroll down to Intel Multi-Display and press Enter.
- Select Enable and press Enter.
Why will my monitor not connect?
Check Your Connections In particular, ensure your monitor is plugged into the wall and receiving power, and double-check that the cable going to your PC is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you have a graphics card, your monitor should be plugged into that, not the HDMI port on your motherboard….
How do I connect my graphics card to my HDMI?
HDMI allow you to transfer an uncompressed, all-digital audio and video signal.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI out port on your GPU, located on the back of your PC.
- Run the cable to your PC monitor.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI in port on your monitor.
How do I enable HDMI on Nvidia?
Solution 2: Enable it in the NVIDIA Control Panel
- From the navigation menu, click the + button next to the Display section to expand the dropdown list. Under that, choose the Set up digital audio option.
- Under the first screen, navigate under the name of your graphics card and look for the HDMI entry in the list.
Do I plug my HDMI into my graphics card?
By installing a GPU, you’re essentially replacing the integrated graphics that comes from the motherboard. If you have a GPU, you should definitely use the HDMI port on the card.
What is the advantage of DisplayPort over HDMI?
HDMI 2.0 supports a maximum bandwidth of 18 Gbps, which is enough to handle 4K resolution at up to 60Hz, or 1080p at up to 240Hz. In comparison, DisplayPort 1.4 has a maximum bandwidth of 32.4Gbps, which opens up much greater resolution and frame rate potential….
Which is best HDMI or display port?
In terms of image quality, there is virtually no difference between HDMI and DP. The newer the version, the higher the maximum bandwidth and the supported resolution. For LCD video walls, DP is the standard of choice in many cases, because it offers the possibility to drive multiple displays with one cable connection….
BenQ Monitors & Hooking Them Up
(Prefer a video? There's one at the bottom of this page!)
By far the most common support query we get for BenQ monitors is difficulty with the initial hook up. The first thing to understand is that the USB3 cable is NOT a video cable, it's for the calibration process and to enable the downstream USB ports on the monitor. You must use a video connection (DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-C or DVI) to connect your computer to the BenQ.
Then, if you have not told your BenQ which input you are using, and you are not by lucky chance using whichever input the BenQ monitor happened to be set to at the factory, then you will get an on-screen error in the form of 'No Signal Detected' or 'No Cable Connected'.
This is because BenQ monitors do not auto-sense which input you are using. They must be explicitly told. Nobody can tell me why this is - most other makers use auto-sensing, but for whatever reason BenQ don't offer it. There is a simple fix though.
Here's how to solve the problem:
When you first turn on your monitor from cold, you sill see the purple startup screen and BenQ logo. The monitor then boots up for a few seconds and is unresponsive.
Then, touch the buttons on the front of the screen (physical buttons in the case of most SW models, touch buttons that look like little LED lights in the case of PV models).
You will see a series of icons appear - these are visual representations of the inputs on the back of the monitor. Then, just push the button under the icon that corresponds to the input you are using.
As a quick guide:
- One corner cut off = Display Port
- Two corners cut off = HDMI
- Little oval = USB-C
- Lots of pins = DVI
Once you tell the BenQ which port to look at, you should see your computer's screen pop up within a second or two.
Signal benq no hdmi
Please check the following:
1) Make sure to update to the latest graphics card driver and also the motherboard BIOS version. If you can’t update to the latest driver when connected via DisplayPort due to no signal, switch connections to HDMI if possible.
2) Check the input menu on the screen to see if the DisplayPort option is selectable. If DisplayPort is not selectable, please make sure the DisplayPort cable has been properly connected to both devices.
3) If the DisplayPort option is selectable but no signal appears on screen, please unplug the cable and plug it back in the make the monitor re-detect the connection.
4) If the condition persists, try to connect the monitor using HDMI to make sure the monitor functions properly, then try DisplayPort again.
5) If possible, cross-test the monitor with multiple devices using DisplayPort and verify at least one device shows a signal. Trying several DisplayPort cables and cross-testing the cable with other devices may also help.
6) If the problem occurs suddenly after using DisplayPort normally, use HDMI to make sure DisplayPort is set to a resolution and refresh rate that are supported by the monitor.
If none of the above steps resolve the issue, the monitor needs to be inspected. Please contact our customer service team, as we'd like to offer additional assistance.
Well, what are you distracting. His son's hand slipped under the blouse and stopped on his chest. Lena froze.
- Polaris 500 scrambler 4x4
- Selle italia white saddles
- Six pack crossword
- Crochet hair net
- Stoko hand cleaner
- Prefix herbicide label
- Deland humane society
- Kat kerr june 2020
- Ouachita tax assessor office
- December 2015 horoscope virgo
- 95 mustang throttle body
- Personal trainers tuscaloosa al
- Trailer hitch ford ranger
Rising from my seat, holding the edges of my skirt, I glanced at my seat, which, fortunately, was completely clean. This gave me hope that I managed to avoid a little trouble. I quickly ran past the passengers sitting on both sides and jumped out of the bus.